Postdoctoral Fellow in Chemistry
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research and The Petroleum Institute into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University of Science and Technology endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
- To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- Since the Postdoctoral experience is transitional to becoming an independent researcher or faculty member, the Postdoctoral tries their best to acquire the varied skills necessary to advance their career with guidance from the advisor. These skills include, but are not limited to, the ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication, the ability to understand research group management and supervision of others, the ability to establish contacts and network with colleagues pursuing a similar research agenda, the ability to organize and teach a class or a course if more inclined towards a teaching career.
- The candidate shall work investigate the organic waste conversion. Making first characterization of the different organic wastes followed with non-conventional (dark fermentation, pyrolysis, gasification and anaerobic digestion) and conventional (anaerobic digestion composting and Incineration) organic waste conversion technologies. In addition, down processing for the effluents from the different technologies will be investigated increasing the valorization of the products. Finally the technological and economic feasibility in addition to the sustainability aspects of the suggested integrated technologies shall be performed.
- PhD within focus on waste valorization
- The candidate should have work with valorization of waste with focus on biofuels and high value products using biological conversion. In addition, the candidate shall have experience with techno – economic evaluation of using either SuperPro Designer or Aspen.
How To Apply
You will be required to attach the following:
- Passport-size photograph
- Teaching and Research Statement