Research Associate in Electrical Engineering
Organization Name ECE Department
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research and The Petroleum Institute into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University of Science and Technology endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
- To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- Ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication.
- The RA will be responsible for work contributing to research programs for (a) electrical diagnostic testing of large power transformers and (b) electrical characterization of ground electrode impedance. Responsibilities include:
- Searching, studying and reviewing the latest published scientific papers in the relevant areas
- Procurement and/or commissioning of electrical test and diagnostic equipment for laboratory and field tests, and maintaining such equipment for the duration of the project
- Preparation of detailed test schedules
- Making arrangements for site visits, liaison with industrial and test site staff
- Recording and analyszing of test data
- Producing weekly written and oral reports to the high voltage research group
- Producing draft interim and final reports according to the projects schedule of deliverables
- MSc in Electrical Engineering (minimum), PhD preferable.
- Laboratory testing experience (minimum), field testing experience an advantage
How To Apply
You will be required to attach the following:
- Passport-size photograph
- Teaching and Research Statement