Postdoctoral Fellow in Electrical Engineering
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research and The Petroleum Institute into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University of Science and Technology endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
- The mission of the Advanced Power and Energy Center (APEC) is to craft the future of electric energy systems allowing seamless and economical operation of high capacity renewable/non- renewable energy resources (PV, concentrated solar and nuclear), while supporting hybrid AC/DC grids, and providing optimal architecture for smart grid and transportation electrification. The Modern Power Electronics Systems theme (Theme-II) under APEC focuses on the integration of renewable energy plants into the utility grid. Innovative interfacing strategies relying on modern power electronics devices, such as solid- state transformers as well as modular multi-level converters, will be developed. This will not only guarantee more economical and reliable system operation, but also will pave the way for more efficient management of both renewables and energy storage devices. A further scope of this theme is to develop efficient and reliable power electronics converter topologies for electrical vehicles, EV/battery charges, and power quality enhancement.
- We have an opening for a Post-doc under the theme-II to carry out advanced power electronics-based system work. The candidate should have an established track record evident by publication in top quality journals. The ideal candidate should also have expertise in some of the following areas of Power Electronics and Control Systems:
- Conduct research to meet project goals
- Lead and support MSc or PhD students on the project
- Technical report and research paper writing
- PhD in Electrical Engineering or relevant field and an established track record evident by publication in top quality journals. Candidate should have minimum three IEEE Transactions papers accepted or published.
- Hands on experimental prototyping experience. Expertise/ strong background in one or more areas: Power Electronics, DSP based control of Power Electronics system, Multilevel Inverters/converters.
- Design and control of Power Electronic based AC/DC and DC/AC systems
- Development of scaled experimental prototypes of EPS
- Proven programming skills for analytical and modeling purposes, e.g. Matlab and PSCAD
- Fluency in communicating, reading and writing in English
How To Apply
You will be required to attach the following:
- Passport-size photograph
- Teaching and Research Statement