Postdoctoral Fellow in Mechanical Engineering
Organization Name Mechanical Engineering
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research and The Petroleum Institute into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University of Science and Technology endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
- To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- Ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication.
The candidate will be responsible of the following objectives:
- Development and Validation of subject-specific musculoskeletal system of the upper body using the software Anybody to predict muscle forces and joint reaction forces and moments in various postures.
- Development and Validation of subject-specific finite element model of the lumbosacral spine to compute spinal loads and load-sharing for the postures defined in O1.
- PhD in Engineering with major in Biomechanics or related filed
- Experience in Computational Biomechanics of the human spine using musculoskeletal and Finite Element Modeling.
- Strong knowledge of the softwares Abaqus and AnyBody
- Preference will be given to the candidates who published related works in conferences and/or scientific journals.
How To Apply
You will be required to attach the following:
- Passport-size photograph
- Teaching and Research Statement