- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The Faculty of Science teaches approximately 7000 full-time student equivalents, with an academic staff of approximately 500 and general staff of 300. The Faculty operational budget is of the order of $100m annually, excluding business activities and research funds (which total around $80m annually). The Faculty is one of the largest and most complex faculties of UNSW Sydney. It comprises the Schools of Aviation, Biological Earth and Environmental Science (BEES), Biotechnology and Biomolecular Sciences (BABS), Chemistry, Materials Science and Engineering (MSE), Mathematics and Statistics, Optometry and Vision Science (OVS), Psychology, and Physics. It also includes a number of major Research Centres and field stations.
About the role
- $102K - $115K plus 9.5% superannuation and leave loading
- Fixed Term until July 2020
- Full-time 35 hours per week
The Educational Designer works within the Science Learning and Teaching Unit and plays a leadership role within the Faculty of Science, designing, developing and implementing major strategic teaching initiatives. The position supports the Science Learning and Teaching Unit in the design, development and redevelopment of our teaching courses including open, online and blended learning courses; and leads staff in the deployment, implementation and evaluation of courses, as well as ensuring the quality assurance of the Faculty’s courses and programs offerings.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will:
- A relevant postgraduate qualification, and extensive work experience in an academic learning and teaching environment, preferably in higher education and/or technology or Science, or an equivalent level of knowledge, skills and experience gained through a combination of qualifications and work experience
- Demonstrated experience in supporting academic staff in the design, development, review and constructive alignment of courses with related degree programs using sound pedagogical teaching and learning strategies to guide outcomes
- Demonstrated experience in planning, developing, delivering and reviewing professional development programs, activities and services to build Faculty and individual capability for quality learning and teaching
- Excellent knowledge and demonstrated experience using web-based learning management systems to create stimulating and engaging blended and fully online learning environments for students
- Advanced computing skills including demonstrated experience of working with web publications, database systems and Microsoft Products, including Excel
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to define and meet objectives, with evidence of creativity and innovation
- A strong track record in successful completion and implementation of transformative education and learning initiatives
- High level interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to engage effectively with staff at a range of levels; and to build and maintain effective collaborative professional relationships
- Strong organisational skills including demonstrated experience in prioritising and scheduling, managing workflows and meeting critical deadlines
- Demonstrated experience supervising staff to achieve Strategic goals and ability to work independently with minimal supervision and collaboratively within a team
- Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and safety training
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Iona Reid, Manager – Learning and Teaching Unit
T: (61 2) 9385 8223