6 days left
- Full Time
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The Faculty of Science teaches approximately 7000 full-time student equivalents, with an academic staff of approximately 500 and general staff of 300. The Faculty operational budget is of the order of $100m annually, excluding business activities and research funds (which total around $80m annually). The Faculty is one of the largest and most complex faculties of UNSW Sydney. It comprises the Schools of Aviation, Biological Earth and Environmental Science (BEES), Biotechnology and Biomolecular Sciences (BABS), Chemistry, Materials Science and Engineering (MSE), Mathematics and Statistics, Optometry and Vision Science (OVS), Psychology, and Physics. It also includes a number of major Research Centres and field stations.
About the role
- $91K - $99K plus 9.5% superannuation and leave loading
- Fixed Term until July 2020
- Full-time 35 hours per week
The Educational Technologist works collaboratively with academic staff to design, develop, redevelop, implement and evaluate courses and programs that focus on pedagogical approaches to using educational technologies across UNSW Science.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will:
- Relevant qualifications in education or technology with relevant experience, or an equivalent level of knowledge gained through any other combination of education, training and/or experience in the development of technology-enabled learning, teaching and/or curriculum
- Demonstrated experience in the design of student-centered learning courses incorporating educational technologies, including the use of pedagogical teaching and learning strategies to guide curriculum development and design
- Demonstrated experience in the use of web-based learning management systems (such as Blackboard, Moodle, Openlearning etc), media and other technologies to create stimulating and engaging blended and online learning environments for students
- Sound knowledge and operational understanding of a number of web design and new media educational delivery software
- Proven technical support skills and operational knowledge in the use of web design and new media educational delivery software, including demonstrated experience in online learning design to design, develop and implement online learning activities using various media
- Experience in organising, designing and evaluating academic professional development workshops
- Proven ability to manage competing priorities and to work independently with minimal supervision
- Sound project management skills with experience coordinating and supporting multi-media projects, with evidence of creativity and innovation
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills with a customer service focus and proven ability to establish and maintain effective collaborative professional relationships with staff at all levels
- Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and safety training
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Iona Reid, Manager – Learning and Teaching Unit
T: (61 2) 9385 8223