Postdoctoral Researcher, Medical School
The Medical School of University of Cyprus invites applications for a part-time Postdoctoral Researcher position, to be filled immediately for the purposes of the European LIFE project MEDEA (http://www.life-medea.eu).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The sccessful candidate is expected to contribute dynamically to all the research activities of the Environmental Fluid Mechanics Laboratory (EFM Lab, Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering) within the project MEDEA and cooperate closely with the clinical and research stuff of the Medical School. The post-doctoral researcher is expected through their enthusiasm, creativity and team-work spirit to enrich Desert Dust Storm literature based on novel results arising from analysis of existing air pollution measurements available both at the EFM lab and other partners. The successful candidate is expected to interact with all partners of the project for the best collaboration and top-rated research as well they are expected to present when needed the work in meetings and conferences.
- The successful candidate must have advanced experience in atmospheric dynamics. In particular: Advanced Experience in Atmospheric Monitoring Measurements (Meteorology and Air Quality)
- Advanced Mathematical Analysis of Time-Series Data, particularly in the multi-scale Context, and Data Quality Assurance, excellent presentation skills, effective communication and scientific writing
The successful candidate must hold a PhD in Environmental Fluid Dynamics or relevant field from a recognized University and must already have advanced experience with experimental fluid mechanics, both in the field and in the laboratory. Experience in Air Quality Monitoring will be considered particularly advantageous. Prior teaching experience in fundamental undergraduate and postgraduate atmospheric dynamics -related courses will be an additional qualification. Experience with technical support and maintenance of relevant experimental equipment will also be considered an additional qualification.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Initial appointment is for a period of two (2) years expecting to start on 1st August 2018. The monthly employer cost may come up to €400 per month for 26.5 hours/month (part-time).
Postdoctoral researchers have the following rights and obligations:
- They have the right to work under safe and healthy conditions.
- They can use the equipment and the facilities of the University (according to the relevant Usage Rules).
- They will work under the supervision of the project coordinator, to whom they are accountable
- There will be regular progress review meetings (every four months) on the post-doctoral researcher’s performance and the continuation of the contract is subject to satisfactor y performance.
SUBMISSION OF NECESSARY DOCUMENTS
Candidates should submit the following documents:
Cover letter explaining the suitability of the person for the postdoctoral position announced.
- Curriculum Vitae
- List of publications
- Copies of University degrees (MA and PhD).
- Provid e names and contact details of three (3) referees (preferably academics) who can be contacted for reference/recommendation to the candidate. The selected candidate will be asked to submit certified copies of his/her University degrees.
All the above should be sent, by the 24th July 2018 to the following email address: Shakolas Educational Center of Clinical Medicine, Palaios Dromos Lefkosias-Lemesou 215/6, 2029, Aglangia, Nicosia, CYPRUS or to the following e-mail: email@example.com
For any further information or clarification, please contact the MEDEA project manager Dr Panayiotis Kouis, at the email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for Postdoctoral Researcher, Medical School
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly