Senior Commercial Manager
4 days left
- Full Time
Core Research Facilities
- Opportunity to manage processes that drive value through partner relationships and effective commercial management
- Full-time fixed term for 3 year
- A competitive remuneration package will be offered which includes leave loading and generous superannuation
About the opportunity
The Senior Commercial Manager will provide leadership and coordination within and between stakeholder groups in support of high-value partner relationships that leverage the University’s investment in Core Research Facilities and assist us to achieve our research strategy.
In this position, you will:
- coordinate the development of effective and compliant commercial partnership frameworks and relationship management programs
- establish strong working relationships with key external stakeholder groups (such as partners, LHDs, others) to lead the delivery of key commercial partnerships
- develop and maintain significant and productive internal stakeholder relationships across the University
- manage the close-out process for high value commercial contracts and partnerships
- oversee the establishment and stand-up of new initiatives through effective coordination through the implementation phase of new partnerships.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance in recruiting talent aligned to these values in the pursuit of research excellence. We are looking for a Senior Commercial Manager who possesses:
- tertiary qualifications in Business, Commerce, Engineering, or a relevant discipline
- demonstrated ability as a strategic thinker with the capacity to analyse and grasp key concepts and issues quickly and translate strategy into practical applications and solutions
- demonstrated ability to manage and motivate a team and to manage a heavy workload in a busy environment
- highly skilled negotiator and influencer at all stakeholder levels with the ability to deploy these skills at high levels and across complex and diverse internal and partnership environments
- extensive experience in a senior management role with a commercial outcomes focus, in a large and complex organisation
- outstanding written and oral communication skills, and strong capabilities in the preparation of reports, formatting of complex documents and spreadsheets, and in delivering presentations on behalf of the team
- demonstrated program management experience and delivery as well as skills in process mapping, function design and implementation.
The University of Sydney has an ambitious research strategy that includes an historic uplift in our research infrastructure, primarily though our Core Research Facilities program. These research facilities are centralised, shared capabilities that provide access to outstanding people and expertise, high-end research infrastructure and excellent researcher-centric access and processes. A wide range of research services is available to enable advanced investigations. The facilities serve as focal points of research activity, bringing together a critical mass of researchers from diverse disciplines, while providing the means to better manage and sustain high-end research infrastructure to deliver quality research outcomes and commercial partnerships in areas of strategic priority.
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion, and underpin our long-term strategy for growth. We’re Australia's first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across our campuses, we employ more than 6,000 academic and non-academic staff who support over 60,000 students.
We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
How to apply
For more information on the position and University, please view the candidate information pack available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number to apply.
Please note: visa sponsorship is not available for this position
Closing date: 11:30pm Tuesday 24 July 2018
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.