Integration Programmer Analyst, Information Systems and Technology Applications
The Integration Programmer Analyst II is responsible for the design, development, release and support of application and data integrations related to various services at Boston University. These integrations include data extraction, transformation and loading (ETL), application interfaces, data warehouse/data mart population, ODS population, data synchronization, provisioning, migration, profiling and cleansing.
The Integration Programmer Analyst II is an intermediate professional role that may work on multiple projects as a developer or as a subject matter expert. This individual will participate in projects that require data and/or applications integrations, therefore knowledge of integration concepts and techniques are required.
This position will also be responsible for operational support and maintenance of various integrations currently enabling university processes and systems. This individual may also coach and mentor more junior technical staff.
Essential functions of the position are:
- Participate on project teams to design, develop, test and release integrations pursuant to business, architectural and/or service requirements. Design, development, test and release activity should be in alignment with industry and BU best practices, guidelines and standards.
- Participate in operational support and maintenance of integration services. This includes consulting on or working incidents, service requests, defects, enhancements, upgrades, patches and service improvement initiatives.
- Invests time learning/enhancing skills related to enterprise integration by active participation in technology users groups and professional organizations and formal training or degree programs.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field. Or equivalent work experience.
- 3-5 years of IT work experience or the equivalent with demonstrated knowledge in data and application integration.
- Knowledge of data and application integration/middleware tools such as SnapLogic, Informatica, Webmethods, Tibco, SSIS, etc. from both an administrative and development perspective
- Knowledge of EAI, SOA, ESB, Web Services, SOAP, REST, Messaging Services, API Management and other related integration concepts
- Intermediate database skills and experience manipulating databases and database objects; specifically SQL and RDBMS’s such as Oracle, SQL Server, My SQL, AWS RDS
- Knowledge of data warehousing concepts and Operational Data Stores (ODS)
- Experience with data analysis and profiling
- Hands-on experience designing, implementing and troubleshooting integration/ETL solutions using wide variety of data sources and targets
- Knowledge of Cloud Computing fundamentals; specifically iPaaS, IaaS, SaaS, PaaS, is desirable
- Knowledge of Cloud Service Providers; specifically Amazon Web Services and MicroSoft Azure, is desirable
- Experience with fundamental programming concepts, frameworks, languages and technologies such as Java, C#, .NET, XML, and JSON
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Understanding of project management concepts and frameworks such as waterfall, Prince 2, Scrum
- Experience working on projects/issues of medium to high complexity.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills in the following software packages: MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Visio.
- Effective oral and written communication skills to work with subject matter experts (SMEs) and business partners within the University to elicit the information necessary for project technical design.
- Deadline driven with little oversight
- Team player; professionalism and self-confidence
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Boston, Massachusetts, United States