Programme Support Officer
This role is to provide programme support to both staff and students on relevant programmes at BPP University. An integral part of the programme and student support teams across the University, you will report to the Programme Support Manager and ensure a smooth learning journey for all students. You will be key to ensuring that students receive appropriate information and programme support throughout their time at BPP and that students are appropriately engaged with their studies.
- Providing students with excellent customer service and issue resolution
- Act as a point of contact for students with programme queries
- Monitor student attendance and follow up in line with student engagement policy
- Provide regular communication to students regarding their programme of study, ensuring relevant and consistent messaging for all students
- Providing engagement opportunities for students e.g. events
- Ensuring students have appropriate access to timetable, library and other appropriate resources
- Liaison with internal departments as necessary, to include: Admissions, Student Records, Examinations Office, Room Bookings and Student Advice.
- Manage the student complaints process/specific requests
- Arrange in conjunction with the Resourcing Team and Head of Programme an appropriate student induction
- Maintenance of appropriate programme information systems (e.g. SharePoint, VLE Home Page and Business School Hub).
- Record and process academic requests (extensions and deferrals)
- Create programme ‘at risk’ register ensuring appropriate actions are taken and followed up on
- Direct and communicate with students following examination results release around progression, completion and withdrawal
- Ensure that accurate student records are maintained including achievement, progression and learning support
- Other activities as and when required by the school
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required
- Ideally educated to degree-level, however applications from candidates with appropriate and relevant work experience or other equivalent qualifications will also be considered.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Significant experience of operational organisation including developing new systems and processes
- Ability to manage problems and find appropriate solutions
- Experience of working in an academic environment
- Excellent communication skills
- A good team player
- Good IT Skills (Excel, Word, Databases, conference/web software)
- Experience of negotiation and managing different stakeholders
- Ability to work under pressure, make decisions and apply flexible solutions
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience at producing and managing documentation
- Strong administration and organisational skills
- Ability to prioritise and multi-task when necessary