English for Academic Purposes Tutor
You will teach academic skills and academic English (EAP) on an intensive short course for international students who will be moving onto UG or PG programmes in accountancy and finance. The class will be a 2 x two-week course, 20 hours per week. There is the possibility of insessional work during the autumn term with the same students.
COURSE DATES AND LENGTH: 2 x 2-week courses run consecutively: 6th – 17th Aug; 20th – 31st Aug
- Preparing and teaching an intensive course of academic English and academic skills for international students as preparation for accountancy programmes
- Delivering EAP and ESP materials for international accountancy students
- Conducting and giving feedback on a short formative speaking and writing test
- Accurate and timely record keeping (attendance records and record of work)
- Liaising with centre staff for course administration
- Maintaining regular contact with the London ELT team to provide feedback on course progress
- Ensuring that all academic policies and procedures of the BPP University are adhered to.
Learning, Teaching and Assessment
- The role will involve teaching 20 hours per week for 4 weeks in August
- Undertake teaching and record-keeping duties on the course consistent with the needs of the students and their main programme of study.
- Conduct and mark a formative assessment at the end of each course.
- Contribute to course review by providing feedback
Curriculum Design, Content and Organisation
- Contribute to the delivery of the curricula ensuring it is well organised and managed.
- Use educational technology as appropriate for the course
Student Support and Guidance
- Ensure that students are appropriately supported and provided with timely and constructive guidance for their academic development.
- Maintain accurate registers of attendance and records of work
- Liaise with administrative as required on issues such as attendance or local centre facilities
- Regularly contact colleagues in London to ensure the highest possible standards of student experience
- Experience of EAP in an appropriate HE context is essential;
- Masters in ELT/Applied Linguistics and/or DipTESOL or DELTA
- A TEFL-related Certificate with Cambridge or Trinity
- Proven teaching and communication skills;
- An ability to work independently
- Recent relevant experience of teaching EAP or ESP English classes;
- An enthusiastic educator who demonstrates passion in their teaching;
- Experience in teaching and supporting international students undertaking academic programmes.