Clinical Trials Coordinator
7 days left
- Full Time
Salary Level: Classification Level 5 (Salary range A$66,509 to A$74,951 gross per annum plus up to 17% employer superannuation contributions)
Appointment: Full-time, fixed-term (2 years duration)
Location: Two positions available - one position based at Sippy Downs and one position based at Morayfield Health Hub. In your application, please indicate which location you are applying for.
USC will be a university of international standing, a driver of capacity building in the Sunshine Coast and broader region, and an unsurpassed community asset.
University Strategic Goals
The University will be:
- A comprehensive university of 20,000 students by 2020;
- Positioned in the global tertiary education community as a top-100 university under 50 years of age; and
- A primary engine of capacity building in the broader Sunshine Coast region, from Brisbane to the Fraser Coast.
Overview of Clinical Trials Centre
USC has established a world class Clinical Trials Centre which builds the region’s collective clinical research capacity and delivers innovative and regionally relevant research in consultation with key stakeholders, including local healthcare professionals, pharmaceutical executives, and other key thought leaders.
Overview of the Role
Under the direction of the Director and Clinical Trials Operations Manager, the Clinical Trials Coordinator (CTC) supports the implementation and conduct of clinical research in accordance with the appropriate quality standards including ICH/GCP, USC CTC SOPs, and applicable regulations, rules and guidance. The key focus of this role is to support the coordination and administration of designated clinical trials within the USC Clinical Trials Centre (USC CTC). The CTC will work collaboratively with the USC CTC team, sponsors, and monitors to ensure the successful conduct and timely completion of clinical trials. The CTC will perform diverse administrative duties requiring analysis, sound judgment, and knowledge of study specific protocols.
Key Accountabilities (include but not limited to):
- In collaboration with the Principal Investigator and study team provide coordination support to assist in the management of assigned research studies including: study start~up, HREC submission, recruitment, screening and enrolment of research subjects, development and institution of mechanisms to maximise subject adherence to the research protocol, data collection and reporting, study drug/device accountability, monitoring of participants, and education of investigators and other health care professionals, research subjects and their families and communications with the research team.
- Assist in the coordination of multiple clinical trials simultaneously ensuring full compliance with local, state and federal policies and procedures.
- Provide administrative support for designated research projects and programs, including maintaining/using relevant information systems, databases and record-keeping systems
- Contribute to the planning, management and effective implementation of continuous improvement activities relating to relevant practices, protocols, quality assurance standards and customer service excellence.
The successful candidate will hold a tertiary qualification in Health Science/Bio-Medicine or similar education/training and experience. Registered Nurse applicants must have current registration with AHPRA as a Registered Nurse. Enrolled Nurse applicants must be medication administration endorsed and have phlebotomy training and experience.
Applicants must demonstrate the following knowledge and skills:
- Knowledge of ICH Good Clinical Practice and applicable regulations.
- High level computing skills (including databases, clinical trial electronic data entry, word processing and spreadsheets).
- Sound understanding of privacy principals governing health information.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Ability to be flexible to travel to differing site locations.
Previous Clinical Trial Coordination experience highly regarded.
Contact for Further Information
Clinical Trial Operations Manager
Clinical Trials Centre
07 5456 3798
Midnight, Thursday 26 July 2018
All applicants MUST provide both a statement of claims and resume/curriculum vitae.
Information regarding how to prepare your application and write an effective statement of claims is available on our website information for applicants
As part of your role, you may be required to travel to any one of USC's locations.
To apply please click the Apply button at top of screen.
USC values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion.
USC strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.