Emotional Intelligence in Schools Consultant
5 days left
- Full Time
- Academic Level A (1-3), $67,015 - $74,427 plus 17% super
- Full-time, 12 month fixed-term contract
- Hawthorn location
About the job
The Emotional Intelligence Research Unit at Swinburne University of Technology has been working closely with a number of partner schools to measure, research and develop emotional intelligence (EI) in children, adolescents and school staff under the umbrella of Aristotle EI. We seek to appoint a fulltime role working in the area of emotional intelligence and schools. This is a maternity leave cover role with an initial 12 month contract length.
The appointee will be the primary point of contact for Aristotle EI partner schools and will provide support in the coordination of Aristotle-EI projects and administration. This role will require the successful applicant to work closely with key stakeholders at Aristotle EI partner schools to achieve a whole school approach to Emotional Intelligence development. The role includes supporting staff in the implementation of EI development curriculum and resources, facilitating training workshops as well as measuring a range of classroom and student outcomes.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- A degree with major study component in psychology or previous experience working in the field of psychology
- High-level interpersonal skills including excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to work independently, as a member of a team and to manage multiple accountabilities.
A full list of the selection criteria is available within the position description
- Enjoy 50% study fee reduction
- paid parental leave for primary caregivers and secondary caregiver
- onsite child care
Further information and how to apply
To view the position description or to start an application click on 'apply' at the bottom of this page and submit a resume, cover letter and response to the Key Selection Criteria, as listed in the Position Description.
For further information about the position, please contact Justine Lomas on +61 3 9214 4923.
Applications close at 5 pm, Tuesday 24 July 2018.