Skills Centre Manager
6 days left
- Full Time
- Opportunity to supervise the planning and provision of clinical skills training programs in the Clinical Skills Division
- Located at the Sydney Clinical Skills and Simulation Centre in the Royal North Shore Hospital
- Full time, fixed term 3-year appointment with a 103K p.a base salary with generous superannuation benefits
About the opportunity
The Skills Centre Manager is responsible for providing managerial and educational services related to overall management of the Centre (student and postgraduate training programs) for medical and health practitioners. This role is largely operational management with the Director and HOS providing the overarching strategic direction in line with University and LHD plans.
Reporting to the Northern Clinical School Executive Officer, you will:
- Work autonomously in management of the day to day activities of the Skills Division and maintain close working relationship with the Simulation Division
- Supervise the planning and provision of clinical skills training programs
- Provide the lead on the operational planning activities for the Centre
- Develop and foster key partnerships with internal and external users, business partners and sponsors
- Coordinate and support the conduct of the Centre’s research activities, including support of academics looking at educational and surgical research through use of facilities and data.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for a Skills Centre Manager who possesses:
- A degree in health, education or business or equivalent qualifications or experience
- Demonstrated leadership ability, particularly with multidisciplinary teams
- Outstanding project planning skills with limited resources and budget
- Experience in the planning and provision of clinical skills training programs
- Demonstrated operational planning skills, including management and policy development skills
- Experience developing and implementing marketing and publicity plans
The ability to work flexible hours is essential for this position as courses can be run after hours and on weekends.
The Sydney Clinical Skills & Simulation Centre (Clinical Skills division), located at Royal North Shore Hospital, brings together a large group of expert Medical educators and training facilities that provide outstanding opportunities for Clinical / Surgical Education.
The Sydney Clinical Skills and Simulation Centre (SCSSC or Centre) is a teaching initiative that provides world class clinical skills training to all levels of health professionals. The SCSSC is located in the purpose built Kolling Research & Education Building. This Centre is part of the Joint venture agreement between the Northern Sydney Local health District and the University of Sydney, Faculty of Medicine and Health.
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion and underpin our long-term strategy for growth. We’re Australia's first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across our campuses, we employ over 7600 academic and non-academic staff who support over 60,000 students.
We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
How to apply
For more information on the position and University, please view the candidate information pack available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number 1261/0618F to apply.
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
Closing Date: 11:30pm Tuesday 24th July 2018
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.