Research Fellow in Early Childhood Futures
- Work within a high performing internationally recognised research team
- Contribute to the development of scholarship and research in the Institute
- Full-time, fixed term appointment for five years located at our Melbourne campus
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across eight campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney, Strathfield and Rome.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU's mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
The Institute for Learning Sciences and Teacher Education is a national research institute hosting a team of eminent researchers and international scholars undertaking nationally-funded research studies with a range of industry-funded partners.
The Research Fellow role is aligned to the research area: Early Childhood Futures. This research area generates new insights into stakeholder knowledge needs about young children’s play, learning and development in the digital age. Stakeholders include children, families, teachers, early childhood professionals and policy makers. Researchers focus on young children’s cultural contexts and relationships for play, learning and development.
As Research Fellow you will:
- provide research supervision of higher degree research students as a principal or co-supervisor
- contribute to publication outputs through lead and co-authorship in international peer-reviewed outlets
- increase ILSTE’s research profile in the discipline and contribute to collaborative research opportunities.
To be successful you will need to demonstrate:
- a PhD in one or more of the relevant research fields
- strong research achievement
- success in working within a research team on competitive grants and/or research consultancies
- the ability to utilise quantitative and/or qualitative research methodologies.
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe, and valued through development, participation and involvement.
How to Apply:
Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description. To apply for this role click the "Apply" link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration valued to $114,172 - $134,629 pa, including salary component $96,477 - $113,908pa (Academic Level B), employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be addressed to Professor Susan Edwards, Institute for Learning Sciences and Teacher Education (03) 9953 3531.
Equal Opportunity and Privacy of personal information is University policy. For more details visit: www.acu.edu.au/careers
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.
Applications Close: Tuesday 7 August 2018 at 11.55pm