Postdoctoral Fellow in Chemical Engineering
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research and The Petroleum Institute into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University of Science and Technology endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
- The primary purpose of the role is to develop catalytic materials using a versatile toolbox of preparation methods, characterization techniques and catalytic testing them towards hydrodesulfurization reactions.
- To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- To present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication.
- Conduct the specified program of research as defined by the approved project proposal, under the supervision and direction of the Principal investigators.
- Work in a collegial and cooperative manner with the Principal Investigators and other co-workers in the project, and the research team.
- Engage in the dissemination of the results of the research, as directed by and with the support of and under the supervision of the Principal Investigators.
- Support the Principal Investigators and research group in the design and development of the research program for the assigned project and related areas.
- Carry out administrative and management work associated with the program of research and the project.
- Engage in appropriate training and professional development opportunities as required by the Faculty supervisors, the Department or the University.
- Support, if required, the development of proposals for research funding.
- Engage in the wider research and scholarly activities of the research group, department and university.
- Generate new ideas and links and builds upon existing ideas to propose unique concepts and solutions
- In addition to the research program to be developed, the candidate will supervise the work of some graduate students (MSc and PhD) working in the research group and the project.
- He/she will also provide training to new comers in catalysts synthesis, characterization and evaluation.
- PhD in Chemical Engineering, Materials Science or related areas
- Proven expertise in the area of catalytic materials and catalysis
- Proven expertise in the area of characterization of materials
- Records of knowledge in the field of computational assessment tools (used in analysis of experimental data)
- At least 1 year of postdoctoral research experience
- Proven expertise in the use of different chemical methods for catalytic materials preparation
- Proven experience in the knowledge and use of instrumentation for the characterization of materials
- Demonstrated understanding of operational requirements for a successful research project and managing resources
- Proven ability to identify and fulfill the academic writing requirements for publications
- Proven record of working with team members and students supervision
How To Apply
You will be required to attach the following:
- Passport-size photograph
- Teaching and Research Statement