Research Engineer in Chemical Engineering
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research and The Petroleum Institute into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University of Science and Technology endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
- To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- Ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication.
- The candidate will function somewhat independently, design, organize and conduct experiments relating to catalysts design and preparation as well as characterization and catalytic evaluation for industrial related processes. In addition, the candidate will be responsible for the procurement of the required consumables, including chemicals that will be used during different periods of the project. The candidate will be responsible for the supervision of the undergraduate students that will be assigned to the project, and help them in planning and designing research experiments; establishing priorities and recommending schedules, time tables and costs. The candidate should be able operates specialized scientific equipment relevant to this project. Training is available for equipment located in the shared labs of KU. In addition, the candidate will help in producing written reports on the result of the analyses and writing scientific manuscripts.
- BSc or MSc in Chemical Engineering
- The candidate must have hands-on experience with in study of adsorption, catalysis, materials preparation whereas materials characterization using XRD, SEM, TGA, FTIR, Raman, and other tools is desired.
How To Apply
You will be required to attach the following:
- Passport-size photograph
- Teaching and Research Statement