Research Assistant in Petroleum Engineering
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research and The Petroleum Institute into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University of Science and Technology endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
- To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- Ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication.
- Conduct the specified program of research as defined by the approved project proposal, under the supervision and direction of the Principal investigator.
- Work in a collegial and cooperative manner with the Principal Investigator and other co-workers in the project, the research team
- Support the Principal Investigator and research group in the design and development of the research program for the assigned project and related areas
- Good communication skills
- Be able to operate certain lab equipments and run experiments
- Bachelor’s Degree in Petroleum Engineering
- Working knowledge of core cleaning and core cutting
- Wide expertise in the use of using core flooding systems
- Knowledge of the theory associated with the area of reservoir engineering.
- Knowledge of experimental procedures and preparation techniques, especially within the area of specialty
- Familiarity with relevant laboratory equipment, operations and procedures, including the ability to set up, calibrate, operate, and maintain laboratory equipment.
- Proven ability to identify and fulfill the academic writing requirements for publications
How To Apply
You will be required to attach the following:
- Passport-size photograph
- Teaching and Research Statement