Administrative Assistant, Shared Support, Aboriginal and Torres Straight Islander Identified
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The Faculty of Arts & Social Sciences is an exceptional community of Scholars and Administrators, who are at the forefront of a wide range of social science and humanities disciplines.
About the role
- $65,506 plus 17% Superannuation and annual leave loading (Pro Rata of P/T Hour)
- Continuing- Part-Time
- Part Time (17.5 hours per week over 3 days)
This position is open to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants only. UNSW has obtained an exemption under section 126 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW) to designate and recruit professional and academic positions for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander persons only, to fulfil UNSW’s goal of a representative workforce rate.
- Provide pro-active, practical and efficient administrative services to the Head of School, Deputy Heads of School, School Manager and Senior Academic Staff, including (but not limited to) diary management, correspondence, travel and accommodation organisation
- Provide effective advice relating to administrative guidelines, processes and activities to academic staff within allocated school whilst developing and maintaining effective and collaborative relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders to support and facilitate service delivery
- Participate in relevant projects and business improvement activities to streamline processes and facilitate administrative efficiency ensuring all activities comply with UNSW and faculty/school guidelines and processes
- Oversee the general administrative/clerical duties in the School office (eg. typing, filing, photocopying, accepting/arranging deliveries and couriers, mail sorting, etc.)
- Respond to a range of in-person, telephone and email enquiries in relation to travels, expense reimbursement, recruitment, purchasing and event organisation from internal and external stakeholders, and initiate action or refer the enquiry, as required
- Develop and maintain filing systems, spreadsheets, databases, websites and other administrative systems
- Arrange, support and promote meetings and small events for internal and external stakeholders
- Assist with drafting agendas, minutes, correspondence, briefing notes, and guidelines for school specific committees and meetings
- Undertake induction and new starter process for new staff and visitors including access to systems and building and site orientation
- Undertake other relevant tasks as directed by your supervisor
Cooperate with all health and safety policies and procedures of the university and take all reasonable care to ensure that your actions or omissions do not impact on the health and safety of yourself or others.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description (see below) in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Steve Lalic Talent Acquisition Consultant
T: (61 2) 9385 3426
Applications close: 5th Aug 11.00pm
Find out more about working at UNSW at your Faculty/Division web address
UNSW is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity