University Assessment Officer, Overseas Assessment
Your job will be to administrate overseas and distance learning assessments for University programmes as directed by the Assistant Registrar (Overseas Assessment). You will be required to asssist with the co-ordination of overseas and distance learning assessments as well as responding to tutor, student and general requests for information. You will also be expected to participate in all regular adminsistrative duties within the University Assessment Office, responding to telephones and general Assessment Office enquiries email, as well as providing occassional support as requested by the Senior Assistant Registrar.
On a day-to-day basis your role will be overseen by the Assistant Registrar who manages overseas assessment work.
Duties and Responsibilities
Your key duties will include:
- Organising individual student and Partner Centre examinations and assessments monitoring and acting upon any identified risks to successful delivery, checking student numbers for examination delivery, registers, and co-ordinating learning support requirements for assessment.
- Ensuring the overseas assessment database is continually updated to reflect the status of overseas assessment and examination centres and associated activity.
- Ensuring regulatory compliance with the University’s General Academic Regulations (GARS) and the requirements of professional, regulatory or statutory bodies as required.
- Being the primary point of contact for University student enquires requesting individual examination arrangements overseas and responding to these enquiries, including for oral assessments. You will manage overseas examination email and telephone enquiries within specified timescales.
- Responding to overseas examination centre enquiries as directed by the Assistant Registrar.
- Ensuring Assessment Office team members are familiar with current events in your area of activity.
- General support for core Assessment Office services as directed, this may include supporting general office enquiries, acting as secretary for Boards of Examiners or School Boards, or occasional support for Assessment Office services for other programme areas.
Additional Responsibilities Applicable to the Post holder
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as required commensurate with the grade of the position.
- Undertake all duties and responsibilities in compliance with the rules and regulations encompassing equal opportunities.
- Adhere, comply and work in accordance with University and Departmental policies, procedures and codes of conduct.
- Participate in training and professional development associated with the role.
Essential skills, knowledge, qualifications required for role
- Ideally educated to degree level or possess an equivalent professional qualification. However applications from candidates with appropriate and relevant higher education work experience will also be considered.
- Be highly competent in the use of MS Office and possess an advanced level of IT competency, including advanced Excel.
- Possess excellent writing and communication skills and be capable of writing professional standard minutes and reports.
- Demonstrate an ability to prioritise a diverse and demanding workload meeting specified deadlines.
- Have experience of working in a professional academic support team; working with informal authority; in higher education academic support service or other relevant administrative experience, in a Registry, Faculty or other higher education Quality Assurance setting; and working with diverse client and stakeholder groups to maintain professional student and academic support service delivery.
- Demonstrate the ability to interpret and apply academic regulations and policies and apply them confidently in your day-to-day work.
- Demonstrate high level analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrate excellent attention to detail in your work and the ability to maintain a professional manner and calm approach in a busy office environment and in the delivery of assessment services for University students.
Desirable skills, knowledge, qualifications required for role
- Knowledge and experience of using integrated higher education student record databases, in particular Banner, would be an advantage.
- Knowledge and experience of using Filemaker databases would also be an advantage.