2 days left
- Full Time
To develop and deliver high-quality teaching, distance-learning materials and other educational services to actuarial students.
PRINCIPAL JOB ELEMENTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Prepare for and teach good quality actuarial courses, online and in a variety of locations within the UK or overseas from time to time.
- Answer student queries by telephone, email and forums in an efficient and timely manner.
- Write, update and review distance-learning materials ensuring high quality but adhering to deadlines and other practical guidance offered. Materials include traditional paper-based products as well as non-traditional products, eg e-learning products.
- Provide feedback to the actuarial profession on the Core Reading for the actuarial exams.
- Attend and participate in meetings to plan future strategy and discuss projects.
- Mark students’ scripts accurately and efficiently giving helpful advice to students.
- Carry out all required administrative duties in the timescales required.
- Other ad-hoc tasks as mutually agreed with management to ensure the smooth running of the division and an excellent provision of services to customers.
Skills, knowledge, qualifications required for job
- Relevant actuarial qualification
- Individual responsibility and integrity
- Excellent teamwork – as well as willing to learn from others and share best practice
- Logic, reason and efficiency
- Prioritisation skills and the drive to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to adapt and successfully multi task
- Self-motivated and willing to take the initiative
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Aptitude to work without direct supervision
- The role will require some working at home and some working away from home (sometimes for several days at a time), and to travel long distances (mainly within the UK but sometimes abroad)
- The role will require travel to London, and other venues where required to teach.
- Good IT skills: MS Office suite; programming skills (eg in R) an advantage
- Genuine commitment to education and student welfare
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to undergo a DBS check