Assistant Professorship in Artificial Intelligence
2019 Nanyang Assistant Professorship Call
Young and research-intensive, Nanyang Technological University (NTU Singapore) is ranked 12th globally in the QS World University Rankings, and 1st in QS’ league of the world’s best young universities for five consecutive years. NTU offers engineering, science, business, humanities, arts and social sciences, and medicine in its joint school with Imperial College London.
NTU’s share of external competitive research funding awards has increased significantly over the past few years hitting a high of S$575.4 million in FY 2017/18. It is a world leader in sustainability research, with more than S$1 billion in competitive funding in this area. It also hosts several multi-million dollar institutes and centres.
A cosmopolitan university with more than 100 nationalities, NTU is home to 33,000 students. The University’s main campus is frequently listed among the Top 15 most beautiful university campuses in the world and has 57 Green Mark-certified (equivalent to LEED-certified) buildings, of which 54 are certified Green Mark Platinum. NTU also has a campus in Novena, Singapore’s medical district.
The University invites highly qualified candidates from various disciplines to join its dynamic team of faculty.
- Early career researcher (post-doctoral fellow or equivalent) from a reputable university
- Strong track record for publication and relevant teaching experience
- Ready to lead his/her research group independently
- A start-up research grant of up to US$745,000 (S$1 million), an attractive remuneration package and a tenure-track appointment
- Excellent R&D infrastructure with well-equipped state-of-the-art laboratories and opportunities for research funding
* Kindly note that only online applications will be accepted and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.