The University of Sydney Fellowships
- Opportunity for outstanding early career researchers in any discipline or research area (10 positions available)
- Holders of the Fellowships will be lifetime members of the Sydney Society of Fellows
- Full time, 3 year fixed term, salary AUD98,940 p.a, plus up to 17% superannuation and leave loading
The University of Sydney Fellowships aim to attract outstanding early career researchers to contribute to and enhance the research strengths and culture of the university. Holders of the Fellowships will be lifetime members of the Sydney Society of Fellows. The society fosters inter-faculty collaboration, builds on a network of outstanding international alumni and provides further career development opportunities.
Applications are encouraged from any discipline or research area, with recipients able to work with our leading Faculties, schools and centres as well as with one of our 10 whole-of-university multidisciplinary initiatives that are focused on some of the greatest challenges of our time:
- Charles Perkins Centre
- Brain and Mind Centre
- Sydney Nano
- China Studies Centre
- Sydney Southeast Asia Centre
- Cancer Research Network
- Sydney Environment Institute
- Marie Bashir Institute for Infectious Diseases and Biosecurity
- Centre for Translational Data Science
- Sydney Policy Lab
Further information about the University’s research strategy, including our commitment to multidisciplinary research, can be found in the University’s Strategic Plan 2016-20.
Eligibility for Fellowship Scheme 2019
- All applicants must have a PhD award dated no earlier than 1 January 2013 and no later than 19 August 2018. PhD award/conferred date is defined as the date on the testamur.
- All applicants must obtain the endorsement of a proposed University of Sydney supervisor before applying.
- Strong preference will be given to applicants seeking to join the University from another organisation in Australia or from overseas. However, applicants currently employed at the University of Sydney or other affiliated institutions (including medical research institutes) who commenced such employment after 1 July 2017 are eligible to apply.
- Applicants with a PhD awarded by the University of Sydney may only apply if they have held a paid position with another organisation subsequent to the award of their PhD.
Candidates awarded their PhD after 1 January 2010 who have had a period of significant career interruption (3 months or more is considered significant in this context) will have their eligibility considered.
There are two essential criteria.
- Research excellence will be a primary criterion, both in terms of the project quality, innovation and feasibility and the track-record and potential of the researcher (relative to opportunity).
- The alignment of the proposed research (by the applicant) with the University’s agenda of excellence and multidisciplinary research (both with the initiatives listed above and more broadly).
For full information regarding the fellowships, application requirements and to apply, please copy and paste this link to your browser: https://bit.ly/2u86DpK
CLOSING DATE: 11.30pm Sydney time, Sunday 19 August 2018
Late applications will not be accepted
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander decent, are encouraged.