Hub Project Manager, IDEAL
School of Mathematical and Physical Sciences
Faculty of Science
UTS has a bold vision to be a world-leading university of technology. We are a dynamic and innovative university in central Sydney, consistently ranked the top young university in Australia. With a culturally diverse campus life and extensive international exchange and research programs, UTS prepares graduates for the workplaces of today and tomorrow.
The Australian Research Council Integrated Device for End-User Analysis at Low Levels Research Hub (IDEAL Research Hub) is focused on advancing industry’s ability to develop diagnostic devices with vastly improved detection capabilities that are fast, portable, affordable and adaptable.
Led by the University of Technology Sydney in partnership with the University of South Australia (UniSA), the IDEAL Research Hub brings together a world-class, multi-disciplinary team of university scientists and industry partners collaborating together to vastly improve the sensitivity, selectivity, speed and cost-effectiveness of detecting biological and chemical molecules at low levels.
About the Role
We are seeking to appoint a Hub Project Manager to provide a wide range of research, outreach and administration infrastructure and support to the team and the project.
In this role you will:
- Coordinate the multiple partner research teams, the project plan implementation, delivery of project activities and milestones, impact assessment, and associated commercialization and financial processes
- Establish systems and processes for tracking, reporting and evaluating programs
- Lead the development of key financial documents and initiatives
- Deliver accurate and timely financial, scientific and progress reports to the funding body, government and industry partners, researchers and University management
- Initiate, develop and manage collaborative relationships between various stakeholders including industry partners, university staff and government agencies.
You will have proven experience in the provision of high level customer service in a high-pressure environment. Given the nature of the collaboration, your interpersonal skills and ability to liaise with multiple stakeholders will be key.
You will also bring to the role:
- High-level skills in large scale and complex project management with demonstrated ability to develop and manage budgets, activity planning, outcome reporting and evaluation.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills and ability to contribute to continuous improvement in operations, processes and service delivery.
- Proven ability to be innovative, adaptable, flexible and commercially-responsive in an environment of change and competing priorities.
For the full list of the selection criteria and role responsibilities please download the position description from the link below.
Remuneration & Benefits
Base Salary Range: $98,340 to $111,999 pa HEW 8
This role attracts 17% superannuation in addition to the base salary.
Our commitment to work/life support includes benefits such as flexible work practices, child care centres, generous parental leave and support to carers.
This position is fulltime and appointment will be made on affixed term basis for two years.
How To Apply
Prior to commencing your application for IRC111412, please review the Position Description and the relevant selection criteria - click on the apply link to be taken to the relevant page. You are required to address the selection criteria in your submission in a separate document .
Please note that only those applications submitted via the UTS online recruitment system will be accepted. Current UTS employees should apply through their UTS Employee Self Service function.
As you will be unable to save your application once started, please have all required documents and information available prior to commencing.
Please ensure that the file name for each document submitted includes IRC111412
Specific enquiries regarding the role may be directed toDistinguished Professor Dayong Jin via email on email@example.com.
Enquiries or issues with your application may be directed to the UTS Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or on +61 (0) 2 9514 1080.
Closing Date: 23rd July at 11.59pm (AEST)
Applicants must have unlimited rights to work in Australia.
Please note: We are only accepting on-line applications for this post, however, if you have a disability that makes it difficult for you to provide us with information in this way, please contact the Recruitment Team for assistance.
We are committed to diversity and social inclusion, evidenced by our WGEA Employer of Choice citation, Wingara Indigenous Employment Strategy and the UTS Access and Inclusion Plan. We welcome applications from women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles), Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those who identify as LGBTIQ and applicants from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.