Clinical Placements Officer
Graduate School of Health
UTS has a bold vision to be a world-leading university of technology. We are a dynamic and innovative university in central Sydney, consistently ranked the top young university in Australia. With a culturally diverse campus life and extensive international exchange and research programs, UTS prepares graduates for the workplaces of today and tomorrow.
The UTS Graduate School of Health (GSH) was established in 2011 with the discipline of pharmacy. The disciplines of clinical psychology and orthoptics were added in 2015 and the discipline of physiotherapy in 2017. The new disciplines to the School are genetic counselling and speech pathology, both of which have a planned commencement date of 2019. The School specialises in high quality graduate-entry master’s degrees.
About the Role
As our Clinical Placement Officer (CPO) you will assist in coordinating our placement program in the Graduate School of Health Pharmacy. You will also help establish and implement sustainable workflow processes in preparation for the development of clinical placement programs within each new study area of the Graduate School of Health.
In this role you will:
- provide expert administrative coordination to all aspects of new and existing programs
- coordinate a wide variety of activities including recruiting placement sites and ongoing preceptor engagement, verifying students for placement, placing students in a range of settings, responding to student placement related enquiries
- maintain accurate databases and records
- liaise with clinical coordinators and academic staff.
This administrative support role requires specialised knowledge, high level organisational skills and well developed written and oral communication skills, with a particular emphasis on attention to detail. You will possess high level negotiation skills including the ability to foster strong working relationships with internal stakeholders and organisations operating in the health disciplines. Fundamental to the role is your ability to ensure quality, customer-focused service to preceptors and students.
You will also bring:
- high level Microsoft and computer skills including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- an undergraduate degree or equivalent qualifications and relevant experience in University administration; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education and/or training.
- experience in student placement programs
- ability to deal with conflict constructively
- ability to adapt quickly to changing situations.
Though not essential, a comprehensive understanding of NSW Health policies, procedures and software (i.e. ClinConnect) would be highly regarded.
For the full list of the selection criteria and role responsibilities please click apply and download the position description from the UTS website.
Remuneration & Benefits
Base Salary Range: $68,290 to $78,125p.a (HEW 5)
This role attracts 17% superannuation in addition to the base salary.
Our commitment to work/life support includes benefits such as flexible work practices, child care centres, generous parental leave and support to carers.
This position is full-time and appointment will be made on a continuing basis.
How To Apply
Prior to commencing your application for IRC112270, please review the Position Description and the relevant selection criteria.
You are required to address the following selection criteria in your submission in a separate document:
- High level of detail and efficiency and proven ability to deal with high volume and fast past environment
- High level Microsoft and computer skills including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Previous administrative experience including e
- Ability to deal with conflict constructively and is a skilled communicator
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing situations
- Experience in establishing and building networks and relationships with internal and external stakeholders
Please note that only those applications submitted via the UTS online recruitment system will be accepted. Current UTS employees should apply through their UTS Employee Self Service function.
As you will be unable to save your application once started, please have all required documents and information available prior to commencing.
Please ensure that the file name for each document submitted includes IRC112270.
Specific enquiries regarding the role may be directed to Maria Longo, Clinical Placement Coordinator, on 02 9514 7372.
Enquiries or issues with your application may be directed to the UTS Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or on +61 (0) 2 9514 1080.
Closing Date: Monday 23rd July 2018 at 11.59pm (AEST)
Applicants must have unlimited work rights in Australia.
Please note: We are only accepting on-line applications for this post, however, if you have a disability that makes it difficult for you to provide us with information in this way, please contact the Recruitment Team for assistance.
We are committed to diversity and social inclusion, evidenced by our WGEA Employer of Choice citation, Wingara Indigenous Employment Strategy and the UTS Access and Inclusion Plan. We welcome applications from women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles), Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those who identify as LGBTIQ and applicants from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.