- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
As Australia’s global university, UNSW aspires to improve and transform lives through excellence in research and education with a powerful commitment to social justice and thought leadership. Our 2025 Strategy is a bold blueprint for how we will achieve this, underpinned by our community’s long-standing values. This exciting and ambitious 10 year strategy is already underway, but it will only succeed with your involvement.
There are several elements to our strategy program – each an important piece of the puzzle, with measurable outcomes and responsibilities. The project management of the 2025 Strategy, including the execution of its 19 programs, sits within the University Program Office (UPO). The UPO provides a single project management and governance structure across the 2025 Strategy and other significant projects to provide cohesion, coordination and success
About the role
- $91K - $99K plus 9.5% Superannuation and annual leave loading
- Fixed Term 12 months
- Full-time 35 hours per week
This exciting opportunity will work collaboratively with our Senior Communications Manager. You’ll enjoy coordinating the planning, implementation and evaluation of our internal communications plan for the Operational Excellence program under our 2025 Strategy across UNSW.
As the Communications Coordinator, your day to day will be varied, You’ll be tasked with communication materials including web, email, print, presentation, and social media. From writing, editing and delivering messages to our employees and developing presentations for a diverse group of stakeholders.
You’ll develop communication plans in partnership with our Senior Communications Manager, team members and key stakeholders across multi-faceted projects. Your role is designed to engage with our busy stakeholder groups, promote awareness and support the communication of key changes taking places in our business.
About the successful applicant
You’ll be a self-starter with experience in internal communications content and delivery and with your can do attitude you will enjoy the variety in the role.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in coordinating the delivery of communication plans, working with different project management frameworks
- Team focused, We’re a high performing team that values openness and transparency
- You’ll prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to influence and build credibility with senior stakeholders
- Proficient using various products including SharePoint, MS Word, MS PowerPoint and Visio
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline and or relevant experience in producing effective communications to support the delivery of projects and programs
Please address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application.
Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Hiring Manager: Kaye Apolony, Senior Communications Manager
Applications close: 21st August 2018 at 11 pm
UNSW is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity