Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Electrical Engineering
School of Engineering and Information Technology
- Continuous, full time position
- Lecturer |$92k-109k plus 17% employer superannuation
- Senior Lecturer |$113k-130k plus 17% employer superannuation
The School of Engineering and Information Technology at Murdoch University offers world-class education in contemporary areas of Engineering and Resources, Information Technology, Energy Studies, Mathematics, Extractive Metallurgy, Physics and Chemistry. The School’s programs build on Murdoch’s experience in scientific training and research and have a strong track record in developing industry links.
This position which is in the area of Electrical Engineering will make a significant contribution to the research and teaching efforts of the School through performing impactful, cutting-edge investigations and the development of new teaching programs, especially in areas at the intersection between Electrical Engineering and Information Technology.
Skills and Experience
The preferred candidate will have:
- A PhD within the fields of Electrical Engineering (especially in sub-disciplines relating to Instrumentation and Control Engineering; and Industrial Computer Systems) or a closely related discipline, such as Robotics or Mechatronic Engineering.
- Demonstrated high quality independent research, with a strong track record of scholarly publications in at least one of the following areas: artificial intelligence, data science, robotics, automation, sensors. Priority will be given to candidates who demonstrate cross disciplinary research expertise, especially between Electrical Engineering and IT.
- Demonstrated experience in undergraduate and postgraduate teaching in Electrical Engineering or a closely related area, or two or more years of postdoctoral or equivalent professional experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work under broad direction only, exercise initiative in undertaking responsibilities, work effectively as a team member and play a leadership role in teaching and learning activities.
- Demonstrated national recognition and a developing international profile.
Applicants should refer to the Position Description for further detail on the duties, skills and experience required for this role.
With strong links to government, business and the community, Murdoch University helps people discover how to make a difference. Our staff and students are committed to high quality education, innovative research, and strong community engagement both locally and internationally.
Prospective staff can expect to enjoy the lively, natural campus and dynamic work environment, as well as a range of benefits and services unique to employment at Murdoch. There’s never been a better time to join us.
For more information or to apply:
Please visit http://jobs.murdoch.edu.au/ to view the Guide for Applicants and Position Description, here you will also find the online form to submit your application. Please note that emailed applications will not be accepted.
Murdoch University values workplace diversity, promotes inclusion, and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, women, and individuals with disability. Applicants who have support or access requirements, are encouraged to advise this at the time of their application, to ensure appropriate assistance is provided throughout the recruitment process.
Closing date: 6 August 2018 (11:59pm)