Faculty for Department of Finance and Real Estate
Description of Work Unit
The Department of Finance and Real Estate is one of five academic departments in the College of Business. The department has a strong record of teaching and research accomplishments as well as a collegial work environment.
The Department currently has 22 tenured/tenure-track and non-tenure faculty members who serve approximately 2,400 undergraduate business majors, over 1,600 undergraduate business minors, and 1,000 graduate students in the Master of Finance, MBA programs, and graduate certificate in applied finance. The MBA is offered in residence and via Colorado State University’s accredited learning programs. The Department offers an undergraduate concentration in finance, financial planning, and real estate.
Tenure/Tenure Track? % Research % Teaching % Service % Administration Open Posting Date 07/01/2018 Open Until Filled Yes To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by 11:59pm (MT) on Number of Vacancies Open Pool Desired Start Date Position End Date 06/30/2019
The Department of Finance and Real Estate in the College of Business may hire temporary faculty from an applicant pool from time to time. The teaching load and course assignments are made by the Department Chair.
Instructors may be hired for fall, spring, or summer term in a given academic year. Applications will be accepted throughout the calendar year. Hiring decisions are normally made during late spring and throughout the summer for fall semester, during fall semester for spring semester, and during spring semester for the summer term.
Conditions of Employment Pre-employment Criminal Background Check (required for new hires)
Required Job Qualifications
- MBA, MSBA, or equivalent from a school of business accredited by the AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business International)
- Or substantial executive-level experience in tandem with undergraduate degree,
- Or earned J.D./PhD.,
- Or PhD. candidate in the required field of study.
Preferred Job Qualifications
- Previous University teaching experience in a college of business in relevant subject areas,
- Substantial business experience in relevant subject areas,
- Experience with multi-media teaching techniques.
- Reflecting departmental and institutional values, candidates are expected to have the ability to advance the College’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Department of Finance and Real Estate, College of Business, Temporary Faculty Open Pool.
Applicants must submit
- a vita/resume and
- a cover letter that details required educational level, relevant university teaching experience or potential, relevant business experience,
- evidence of teaching evaluations (if applicable, uploaded in the optional ‘Other’ slot),
- the names and contact information for three references who can speak to your teaching credentials and
- a statement of teaching philosophy.
Applications accepted until June 30, 2019.
Applicants wishing to remain under consideration after that date must reapply on July 1, 2019.
References will not be contacted without prior notification of candidates.
Background Check Policy Statement
Colorado State University (CSU) strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations, CSU conducts background checks. The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal (felony and misdemeanor) history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the university, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.
Colorado State University is committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy and will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.
Colorado State University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. The Office of Equal Opportunity is located in 101 Student Services.
The Title IX Coordinator is the Executive Director of the Office of Support and Safety Assessment, 123 Student Services Building, Fort Collins, CO 80523 -2026, (970) 491-7407.
The Section 504 and ADA Coordinator is the Associate Vice President for Human Capital, Office of Equal Opportunity, 101 Student Services Building, Fort Collins, CO 80523-0160, (970) 491-5836.
Reflecting departmental and institutional values, candidates are expected to have the ability to advance the Department’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Dr. Harry Turtle - Harry.Turtle@colostate.edu
Job Duty Category Instructional Course Design and Administration Duty/Responsibility
- Construct course syllabus adhering to College of Business assurance of learning outcomes and departmental standards
- Administer course through Colorado State University’s learning management system.
Percentage Of Time
Job Duty Category Instructional Course Delivery Duty/Responsibility
- Deliver instructional course material via multi-media teaching techniques in relevant subject areas in prescribed delivery format.
Percentage Of Time