Faculty for Department of Accounting
Description of Work Unit
The Department of Accounting is one of five academic departments in the College of Business. The department has a strong record of teaching and research accomplishments as well as a collegial work environment. For 2018/2019, the Department has 11 tenured/tenure-track faculty members and 5 non-tenure track special appointment faculty members who serve approximately 2,400 undergraduate business majors, 1,600 undergraduate business minors, and 1,000 MBA students. The MBA is offered in residence and online via Colorado State University’s accredited learning programs. The Department offers an undergraduate concentration in accounting and a Master of Accountancy degree, with three specialization options.
Tenure/Tenure Track? % Research % Teaching % Service % Administration Open Posting Date 07/01/2018 Open Until Filled Yes To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by 11:59pm (MT) on Number of Vacancies Open Pool Desired Start Date Position End Date 06/30/2019
The Department of Accounting in the College of Business may hire temporary faculty from an applicant pool from time to time.
The teaching load and course assignments are made by the Department Chair. Teaching needs vary and could include financial, managerial, tax, oil and gas accounting, governmental, auditing, and systems. Teaching could be days or evenings and live or online.
Instructors may be hired for fall, spring and/or summer term in a given academic year. Applications will be accepted throughout the academic year. Hiring decisions are normally made during the late spring and throughout the summer for fall semester, during fall semester for spring semester, and during spring semester for the summer term.
Conditions of Employment Pre-employment Criminal Background Check (required for new hires) Required Job Qualifications
- Master’s degree in accounting or MBA with accounting focus or equivalent from a school of business accredited by the AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business International), OR
- Substantial executive-level relevant experience in tandem with a relevant undergraduate degree,
- earned J.D./PhD in relevant area of study,
- PhD candidate in the relevant area of study.
Preferred Job Qualifications
- Previous University teaching experience in a college of business in relevant subject areas or experience teaching in a business setting.
- Business experience in relevant subject areas.
- Experience with multi-media teaching techniques.
- Reflecting departmental and institutional values, candidates are expected to have the ability to advance the College’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Department of Accounting, College of Business, Temporary Faculty Open Pool.
Applicants must submit a
- cover letter that describes required educational level, relevant teaching experience, relevant business experience, and interest in teaching at CSU,
- the names and contact information for three references who can speak to your teaching credentials,
- a statement of teaching philosophy, and
- teaching evaluations (optional, uploaded in the ‘Other’ slot).
Applications accepted until June 30, 2019. Applicants wishing to remain under consideration after that date must reapply on July 1, 2019.
References will not be contacted without prior notification of candidates.
Background Check Policy Statement
Colorado State University (CSU) strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations, CSU conducts background checks. The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal (felony and misdemeanor) history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the university, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.
Colorado State University is committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy and will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.
Colorado State University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. The Office of Equal Opportunity is located in 101 Student Services.
The Title IX Coordinator is the Executive Director of the Office of Support and Safety Assessment, 123 Student Services Building, Fort Collins, CO 80523 -2026, (970) 491-7407.
The Section 504 and ADA Coordinator is the Associate Vice President for Human Capital, Office of Equal Opportunity, 101 Student Services Building, Fort Collins, CO 80523-0160, (970) 491-5836.
Reflecting departmental and institutional values, candidates are expected to have the ability to advance the Department’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Dr. Lisa Kutcher firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Duty Category Instructional Course Design and Administration Duty/Responsibility
- Construct course syllabus adhering to College of Business assurance of learning outcomes and departmental standards
- Administer course through Colorado State University’s learning management system.
- Provide evidence of assurance of learning outcomes
Percentage Of Time
Job Duty Category Instructional Course Delivery Duty/Responsibility
-Deliver instructional course material via multi-media teaching techniques in relevant subject areas in prescribed delivery format.
Percentage Of Time