Sencon Knowledge Transfer Partnership Associate Researcher
Based at: Sencon Uk (Ltd) Pointon Way, Droitwich WR9 0LW
GBP 28,948 - GBP 32,557 per annum, depending on qualifications and experience, plus a total of GBP 5800 to fund personal training and development
An exciting opportunity has become available for a PhD or Masters level candidate, working with academic and industrial support to develop innovative calibration methods and systems that will evaluate and validate micron accuracy measurement products to define measurement uncertainty and demonstrate full traceability to the SI units, independent of dynamic machine and environmental conditions. This position is a 35 month fixed term contract, with a dedicated training budget tailored towards your personal development. This is a fantastic opportunity to manage a strategically important project, delivering technical expertise whilst developing management experience, under the guidance of both the company and the university.
Sencon are the world's leading supplier of sensors, test equipment and quality gauges to the metal packaging industry. Our UK facility employs around 60 staff to develop, design and manufacture automated gauges for measuring a variety of attributes on cans and lids, including dimensions, with sub-micron precision. We specialise in non-contact measurement using laser triangulation, conoscopic holography and interferometry.
Please visit: www.sencon.com
KTP is a world-leading programme that helps businesses succeed by connecting them to the UK's rich academic resources. It's a partnership between the business seeking expertise, Coventry University and a recently qualified graduate - known as a KTP Associate.
Please visit: http://ktp.innovateuk.org/
If you have questions about this role please contact:
For general information T: +44 (0)24 7615 8258 or for project information : Trevor Toman+44(0) 7974 984279 or Nick Turner +44 (0) 7557 425149
Qualifications we require:
MSc, PhD, or equivalent, in a science and/or engineering discipline including a high level of knowledge in sensors for dimensional metrology and ability to understand control theory, mathematics and coding.
The successful candidate must possess:
- Experience or significant interest in the field of dimensional metrology, advanced manufacturing techniques, including materials, applied physics (appropriate to an engineering project)
- A working knowledge of software and techniques for mathematical modelling including MATLAB
- A working knowledge of project management tools and techniques. Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite is essential.
Essential skills we require as a minimum:
- Ability to carry out a research project under minimum supervision
- Ability to lead and deliver a complex technical project, showing effective project management skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and take responsibility for the project
- Ability to work with colleagues in a manufacturing company at all levels to ensure that knowledge becomes embedded within the company
KTP is supported by Innovate UK which is the UK's Innovation agency. They work with people, companies and partner organisations to find and drive the science and technology innovations that will grow the UK economy.