Student Recruitment Manager
3 positions available covering the North, Midlands and South East (includng London)
This role is key to enabling BPP Law School to deliver on its revenue targets whilst also attracting the highest calibre students to its programmes.
The post holder will assist the Director of Business Development in determining and delivering a national strategy for engagement with schools, colleges and universities that will raise awareness of the BPP brand and create and convert a pipeline of students to its programmes.
Working in consultation with the Director of Business Development and liaising with other members of the Business Development team key contacts around the wider business, the Student Recruitment Manager will:
- Plan a programme of workshops, presentations and events in universities, schools and at BPP centres;
- Deliver that programme and, where required, enlist and manage colleagues around the business to do so;
- Manage the performance of BPP’s University Liaison Officers and Student Ambassadors;
- Initiate and develop relationships with key contacts at feeder universities;
- Agree programmes of activity at feeder universities and schools with those key contacts and take all steps to ensure that all events are properly scheduled and supported through liaising with Heads of Law, Marketing and other BPP teams.
BPP University Law School has a reputation for excellence in professional education built on a proven ability to offer students the skills they need to succeed in a legal career. Working with over 150 law firms, BPP prides itself on being at the cutting edge of professional legal education giving students the core skills and a competitive advantage to ensure success.
The Solicitors Regulatory Authority is introducing the Solicitors Qualifying Examination (SQE) and the Bar Standards Board is proposing changes to the Bar Professional Training Course. BPP considers that it is essential that BPP is positioned to offer the SQE across all its Law School programmes and deliver a market leading BPTC.
Key Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Assist the Director of Business Development in determining and delivering a national strategy for engagement with schools, colleges and universities that will raise awareness of the BPP brand and create and convert a pipeline of students to its programmes.
- Manage the recruitment, training and performance of University Liaison Officers and Student Ambassadors to ensure that they carry out their tasks effectively and in accordance with BPP’s brand values.
- Have responsibility for managing the budget for outreach spend in your region.
- Plan, deliver and/or oversee a programme of outreach talks and careers workshops at target universities, schools and colleges and in-centre events.
- Plan, manage and contribute to the delivery of in-centre events such as open days/evenings, law fairs/careers events, conferences and other recruitment activity.
- Initiate, develop and maintain excellent relationships with key strategic partners in universities, schools and colleges including but not restricted to campus representatives, faculty, careers staff and presidents of student societies.
- Maintain accurate records of all activity and contacts in line with BPP’s Data Protection Policy.
- Ensure effective capture of data at events, using this data to analyse, identify and plan for future activity, in line with BPP’s Data Protection Policy.
- Work with relevant Heads of Law and Resource Planners to staff BPP outreach activity where required.
- Develop relationships with key internal stakeholders, including but not limited to the marketing, careers and apprenticeships teams, Heads of Law and teaching staff.
- Manage relationships with the marketing department to ensure that logistical support and content materials are in place and at an appropriate level for all events.
- Create and maintain a visible profile for the Law School on social media.
- At all times to act as a brand ambassador for BPP, modelling our guiding principles and values.
- Other responsibilities within the remit of the role generally to be agreed from time to time with the Head of Business Development.
Please note that this role will require occasional evening and/or weekend hours.
This role will develop your existing skills in people management, marketing and relationship building. Relevant training and development will be provided including financial and project management. You will also be introduced to senior management in the Law School and the wider BPP organisation. You will have regular appraisals with your line manager at which development opportunities will be discussed. This role will also enable you to create an external profile with universities and schools.
Please refer to the full job description