Project Officer - Computer Science / Computer Engineering
Project Officer (JOB-2018-0102230)
Young and research-intensive, Nanyang Technological University (NTU Singapore) is ranked 12th globally. It is also placed 1st among the world’s best young universities.
NTU is home to world-class institutes and leading research centres. Established in 2014, the Complexity Institute at NTU is becoming a global centre for Complexity research.
The Complexity Institute is looking for a Research Associate to join our team for Virtual Singapore, a government-funded simulation and modelling project conducted together with GovTech, SingHealth, and the Singapore Civil Defence Force. The project focuses on optimising emergency medical systems using 3D modelling and simulation of built public spaces.
The successful candidate should have strong software engineering expertise in 3D modelling and visualisation and experience on large-scale software development and integration. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience in 3D map data and CityGML models. Prior knowledge of geographic information systems (such as ArcGIS) is advantageous but not essential.
- At least a Master’s Degree in Computer Science / Computer Engineering or related discipline
- Demonstrated experience with 3D modelling and visualisation
- Experience with large-scale software development and integration
- Strong programming skills on C++, Java, and Python
- Excellent analytical, technical and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Highly motivated and dedicated to the development of the project
- Ability to work both independently and in a team
- Ability to meet multiple priorities and timelines
Two (2) to four (4) years of experience
Please send your resume to Ms Ng Bee Wee at firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the job reference number in your email subject, e.g. Software Engineer (JOB-2018-1234567).
Please include your full curriculum vitae, publication lists and/or information on years of experience in research work, and name and contact information (e-mail and telephone).
We regret to say that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.