Senior Research Fellow - Psychology/Human Factors/Sociology/Implementation Science
Senior Research Fellow (JOB-2018-0097876)
Young and research-intensive, Nanyang Technological University (NTU Singapore) is ranked 12th globally. It is also placed 1st among the world’s best young universities.
NTU is home to world-class institutes and leading research centres. Established in 2014, the Complexity Institute at NTU is becoming a global centre for Complexity research.
The Complexity Institute is looking for a Research Associate to join our team for Virtual Singapore, a government-funded simulation and modelling project conducted together with GovTech, SingHealth, and the Singapore Civil Defence Force. The project focuses on optimising emergency medical systems using 3D modelling and simulation of built public spaces.
The successful candidate will be involved in driving the project by managing a small team, conducting ethnographic & human factors design and research, as well as providing expertise in technical data analysis. Good management and supervision skills are a must. Having experience of working within healthcare system and medical facilities is preferred.
- Ph.D. in Psychology/Human Factors/Sociology/Implementation Science/Behavioral Operations Research or related discipline, with at least 2 years of relevant experience preferred. However, strong Master’s candidates will be considered as well.
- Understanding and/or studying of social sciences in the healthcare context is preferred
- Strong qualitative research skills in ethnographic and human factors design
- Strong expertise in data analysis and quantitative research methods; candidates with Python/R skills are preferred
- Experience in managing and supervising a small team
- Basic understanding of computational models and in particular agent-based modelling
- Strong analytical skills Strong communication skills
- Ability to integrate well into a team of researchers with different backgrounds
- Excellent planning skills
- Ability to work independently and goal oriented
- Ability to meet multiple priorities and timelines
- Highly motivated and dedicated to the development of the project
Two (2) to four (4) years of experience
Please send your resume to Ms Ng Bee Wee at firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the job reference number in your email subject, e.g. Software Engineer (JOB-2018-1234567).
Please include your full curriculum vitae, publication lists and/or information on years of experience in research work, and name and contact information (e-mail and telephone).
We regret to say that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.