Senior Research Fellow in Computer Science
Senior Research Fellow (JOB-2018-0097871)
Young and research-intensive, Nanyang Technological University (NTU Singapore) is ranked 12th globally. It is also placed 1st among the world’s best young universities.
NTU is home to world-class institutes and leading research centres. Established in 2014, the Complexity Institute at NTU is becoming a global centre for Complexity research.
The Complexity Institute is looking for a Research Associate to join our team for Virtual Singapore, a government-funded simulation and modelling project conducted together with GovTech, SingHealth, and the Singapore Civil Defence Force. The project focuses on optimising emergency medical systems using 3D modelling and simulation of built public spaces.
The successful candidate will be involved in driving the project by managing a small team, as well as by providing expertise in technical areas, such as agent-based crowd modelling and simulation, 3D modelling and visualisation, data analysis and optimisation. Good management and supervision skills are a must. Understanding of medical emergency procedures is advantageous but not essential. He or she will have the opportunity to collaborate with scientists from the University of Amsterdam and as such should be willing to travel.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science / Computational Science or related discipline from a reputable university
- Strong technical experience in modelling and simulation
- Understanding of agent-based crowd modelling and simulation, data analytics and optimisation techniques
- Excellent publication track record in the above-mentioned areas
- Strong programming skills on C++, Java, and Python
- Strong project management experience with excellent planning skills
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Strong ability to work both independently and in a team
- Goal oriented and ability to meet multiple priorities and timelines
- Highly motivated and dedicated to the development of the project
Two (2) to four (4) years of experience
Please send your resume to Ms Ng Bee Wee at firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the job reference number in your email subject, e.g. Software Engineer (JOB-2018-1234567).
Please include your full curriculum vitae, publication lists and/or information on years of experience in research work, and name and contact information (e-mail and telephone).
We regret to say that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.