Research Associate in Computer Science
Research Associate (JOB-2018-0097221)
Young and research-intensive, Nanyang Technological University (NTU Singapore) is ranked 12th globally. It is also placed 1st among the world’s best young universities.
NTU is home to world-class institutes and leading research centres. Established in 2014, the Complexity Institute at NTU is becoming a global centre for Complexity research.
The Complexity Institute is looking for a Research Associate to join our team for Virtual Singapore, a government-funded simulation and modelling project conducted together with GovTech, SingHealth, and the Singapore Civil Defence Force. The project focuses on optimising emergency medical systems using 3D modelling and simulation of built public spaces.
The successful candidate should have demonstrated experience in the area of modelling and simulation. Understanding of data analytics and optimization techniques is a must. Preference will be given to those who have experience in data-driven agent-based modelling. Prior knowledge of agent-based simulation toolkits such as RePast or MASON is advantageous but not essential.
- At least a Master’s Degree in Computer Science / Computational Science or related discipline from a reputable university
- Solid background in modelling and simulation Knowledge of data analytics and optimization techniques
- Strong programming skills on C++, Java, and Python
- Ability to work both independently and in a team
- Excellent analytical, technical and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Minimum one (1) year
Please send your resume to Ms Ng Bee Wee at email@example.com and indicate the job reference number in your email subject, e.g. Software Engineer (JOB-2018-1234567).
Please include your full curriculum vitae, publication lists and/or information on years of experience in research work, and name and contact information (e-mail and telephone).
We regret to say that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Apply for Research Associate in Computer Science
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly