Senior Lecturer in Mechanical and Product Design Engineering
- Teaching and research academic role
- Academic Level C, $115,855 - $133,313, plus 17% super
- Contribute to our Future Ready Learners and creating Research with Impact goals
About the job
As our Senior Lecturer, you will be in a research and teaching academic position in the Department of Mechanical Engineering and Product Design Engineering in the Faculty of Science, Engineering and Technology, which has a strong culture of research excellence.
You will undertake research and teaching in your discipline area, and contribute to other appropriate professional activities within the Faculty. Ideally you are focussed on robotics and automation, mechanical design and human factors. Through your research, you will make a significant contribution that expands knowledge, contributing to the Faculty’s research excellence and impact in collaboration with external partners as required.
You will contribute to the leadership, expertise and coordination of the teaching programs of the Faculty and assume administrative tasks associated with normal teaching duties, including developing and supporting academic programs and working with the academic team in the development of program change and innovation. Using your previous supervisory skills, you will mentor and support students on academic matters, and will also supervise honours, masters and PhD students.
Swinburne’s emphasis is on high quality, engaged teaching and research in science, technology, business, design and innovation – teaching and research that makes a difference in the lives of individuals and contributes to national economic and social objectives.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- An earned doctoral qualification in Mechanical Engineering or relevant discipline area (robotics, automation, mechanical design and/or human factors)
- Demonstrated expertise in the relevant research discipline, with ability to design and conduct research projects, both independently and within a broader team
- Demonstrate an excellent record of published work in high quality journals and a strong citation record
A full list of the selection criteria is available within the position description.
- Participate in regular staff and management development programs
- Paid parental leave for primary caregivers and secondary caregiver
- Flexible working arrangements
- Salary package your car parking, childcare, superannuation and vehicle lease plans; It can help you get the most value from what you earn
Discover more discounts when you start at Swinburne. Receive movie tickets and staff membership options at the Swinburne bookshop. There's news subscriptions and computer and software discounts on offer.
Further information and how to apply
The diverse culture within Swinburne is a source of strength. We are proud to be recognised by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality 2016 and of key initiatives such as our Pride@Swinburne Strategic Action Plan and our Reconciliation Action Plan which are integral components of our 2025 vision to be world class university creating social and economic impact through science, technology and innovation. Swinburne has also received the Victorian “High Commendation” Multicultural Excellence Award (Business Category).
To view the position description or to start an application click on 'apply' at the bottom of this page and submit a resume, cover letter and response to the Key Selection Criteria, as listed in the Position Description.
Please do not email or send paper applications, all applications must be submitted online.
For further information about the position, please contact Professor Guoxing Lu via email@example.com
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact the Recruitment team on +61 3 9214 8600 (option 2).
Should you require further support for an interview due to special needs or consideration, please contact our Diversity Consultant, Dr. Walter Robles, on firstname.lastname@example.org, or our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Employment Officer, Sherrin Trautmann on DeadlyCareers@swin.edu.au
Applications close at 5 pm on Friday the 3rd of August 2018