6 days left
- Full Time
Office of the Provost and DVC
- Opportunity to develop and deliver communications to support the delivery of an organisational design program across multiple streams
- Full-time fixed term for 12 months, two vacancies
- Remuneration package: HEO8 base salary $100Kp.a. with generous superannuation benefits
About the opportunity
The Communications Officer will support the development and delivery of integrated communication strategies and initiatives aimed at informing and engaging staff, and any relevant internal and external stakeholders. This will include management of communications and stakeholder engagement activities for a range of specific projects and publication of content across the University’s key communication channels, including its internet and intranet sites, and other internal channels (e.g. email, newsletters, Yammer).
In this position, you will:
- provide communications services for the program of work
- coordinate the development of integrated communication plans for multiple initiatives or projects
- coordinate a range of communications.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance in recruiting talent aligned to these values in the pursuit of research excellence. We are looking for a Communications Officer who possesses:
- excellent written and verbal communication skills, including evidence of the ability to tailor writing style for different audiences and effectively communicate complex information in an understandable form
- demonstrated significant experience with organisational transformation change projects and programs
- excellent planning, organisational and project management skills
- experience in developing materials to support training or instructional communications.
The University is currently undertaking a comprehensive overhaul of operational arrangements, processes and service delivery models to develop operating models designed to simplify processes and services, and to make them more efficient in order to deliver more resources to support the three key pillars of the University’s strategy – research, education and culture. The University expects to begin implementing the operating model from mid- 2018, approaching it in waves incrementally over 2-3 years with the model in place and fully functioning by 2020.
The Provost and Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Vice-Principal, Operations are joint executive sponsors for the program.
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion, and underpin our long-term strategy for growth. We’re Australia's first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across our campuses, we employ more than 6,000 academic and non-academic staff who support over 60,000 students.
We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
How to apply
For more information on the position and University, please view the candidate information pack available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number to apply.
Please note: visa sponsorship is not available for this position
Closing date: 11:30pm Sunday 22 July 2018
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.