Advancement Officer, Development
- Opportunity to join an exciting & growing team in Advancement!
- HEW 5 $67,163 – $73,702 + 17% Super
- Full-time, ongoing, Hawthorn location
Swinburne is a progressive university that aims to increase Australia’s capacity in science, technology and innovation as the drivers of modern, internationalised economies and workplaces. Our university is focused on high-impact global research, high-quality teaching and active engagement with both industry and the community.
About the job
Are you looking for a challenging role and the opportunity to join an amazing culture that encourages change, innovation and collaboration?
An exciting opportunity has come about to join the Advancement team as Advancement Officer, Development. This role provides administrative support for the fundraising activities of the University Advancement Office through coordinating and administering the systems and processes to support Major Gifts and other programs. Furthermore, the role provides administration support for key donor meetings, donor events and stewardship activities.
- Coordinate donor liaison
- Develop/maintain the donor and prospect records system in the Raiser’s Edge database
- Assist with Annual Appeal and campaign administration
- Assist in the administration of the Trusts and Foundations (T&F) Program
- Track the acquittal / stewardship process for T&F supporters
- Conduct prospect research to identify potential donors as requested by the Development team
- Provide secretarial support at key high level meetings such as board meetings
- Prepare supporting documents and letters to assist the activity of the Development team
Skills and experience
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate the following:
- Completion of a degree; or completion of an associate diploma and some subsequent relevant work experience; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training
- Demonstrated source, analyse and disseminate information from multiple sources
- Demonstrated high level planning and organisational skills, with an attention to detail to prioritise and achieve competing deadlines
A full list of the selection criteria is available within the position description.
To find out more about the extensive benefits offered to Swinburne employees please visit: http://www.swinburne.edu.au/about/jobs/why-work-at-swinburne/
Further information, contacts and support
The diverse culture within Swinburne is a source of strength. We have an inclusive working environment with employees from a variety of backgrounds. We acknowledge that diversity in the university workforce increases the effectiveness of teams and our capacity for innovation. We welcome applications from Indigenous people, workers of all ages, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
We are proud to be recognised by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality 2016 and of key initiatives such as our Pride@Swinburne Strategic Action Plan and our Reconciliation Action Plan which are integral components of our 2025 vision to be world class university creating social and economic impact through science, technology and innovation. Swinburne has also received the Victorian “High Commendation” Multicultural Excellence Award (Business Category).
To start an application click on apply at the bottom of this page and submit a resume, cover letter and response to the Key Selection Criteria, as listed in the Position Description.
Swinburne University of Technology is a Child Safe Organisation and as part of this commitment, we require all employees to have a current Working with Children’s Check.
All appointments are subject to a valid Working with Children’s Check, therefore it will be a mandatory requirement to have and maintain a current Working with Children Check.
Please do not email or send paper applications, all applications must be submitted online.
For further information about the position, please contact Susan Smith on +61 3 9214 4958 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact the Recruitment team on +61 3 9214 8600 (option 2).
Should you require further support for an interview due to special needs or consideration, please contact our Diversity Consultant, Dr. Walter Robles, on email@example.com, or our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Employment Officer, Sherrin Trautmann on DeadlyCareers@swin.edu.au
Applications close at 11:30 pm, Thursday the 19th of July 2018
For further details on How to Apply, including Hints & Tips, please refer to our Frequently Asked Questions section.