To provide technical support to Complementary Therapies for the delivery of the BSc (Hons) Complementary Therapies and related academic activity.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provision of technical support for the BSc (Hons) Complementary Therapies course and project students, including setting-up and clearing specialist teaching rooms and waste handling
- Make recommendations on equipment servicing and repairs
- Ensure that equipment is functioning and to carry out routine maintenance
- Ensure that adequate stocks of linen and consumables are available
- Assist with the hiring out of complementary therapy equipment to students
- Work flexibly with other technical staff to ensure the smooth running of the body suite
- Participate in all relevant team meetings
These guidelines are provided to assist you in the performance of your contract. The university is a dynamic organisation; therefore changes may be required from time to time. Any changes will be made in consultation with the post-holder. The Summary of Duties and Responsibilities is not intended to be an exhaustive list of tasks performed. Other associated technical tasks are likely to be performed as directed by the line manager.
It is accepted that individual staff will have a specialist skills and knowledge base in relation to the role they have been appointed to. In addition to this, Cardiff Metropolitan University expects that all staff will conduct themselves in a professional and courteous manner at all times and have particular regard for their responsibilities under Cardiff Metropolitan University’s Equalities, Financial, Environmental and Sustainability, Human Resources and Health and Safety policies and procedures.