Student Welfare Officer
Student Welfare Officer (Male / Female), O.P. Jindal Global University
O.P. Jindal Global University (JGU) is an Indian University providing world class education, located in the National Capital Region, Delhi (Sonipat), India.
JGU is a vibrant intellectual community of 4000 students and 600 faculty and staff members representing more than 20 countries in eight multidisciplinary schools: Law, Business, International Affairs, Public Policy, Liberal Arts, Journalism and Banking & Finance and Architecture.
JGU is dedicated to promoting global learning through its global faculty, global curricula, global collaborations, global research and global programmes.
OP Jindal Global University seeks applications for positions of Student Welfare Officer (Hostel Warden)
To be responsible for all matters relating to students' well-being, pastoral care, welfare, discipline and the general administration & maintenance of the University’s hall of residence.
Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- To be responsible, in consultation with the Administration, for smooth functioning of the hostel.
- To keep close contact with the students’ and pay close supervision to health, hygiene and general life in the hostel.
- To ensure that the students adhere to the hostel rules (as defined in the Student Handbook) properly and maintain discipline and decorum; and promptly report to the Administration all cases of misbehavior, indiscipline, and sickness of students.
- To ensure pastoral care of students; lifestyle coaching & mentoring of students to enrich the lives of students.
- To ensure maintenance of discipline and decorum amongst students while performing at sports, festivals or cultural programmes
- To supervise & monitor students’ out passes and inform parents as and when required as per the JGU guidelines.
- To be responsible for the overall security of the hostel in coordination with the concerned Security Officer.
- To oversee the allotment of hostel rooms after making a list of inventories available in the room, constantly monitor and supervise them for the general upkeep of the hostel.
- To periodically verify the furniture and fittings of the hostel and take action for their repair/replacement or for obtaining additional furniture.
- To ensure that Facilities Management Team (FMO) maintains the proper upkeep and maintenance of the hostel premises.
- Effective team-player
- Organized and flexible, able to prioritise and work independently
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, together with the ability to work collaboratively and courteously within the team and with students & parents
- Proactive and positive approach
- Capable of remaining calm & effective under pressure
- High professional and ethical standards for handling confidential information
- Ability and willing to work at odd hours.
Experience & Qualification:
- Bachelor’s degree from a reputed Institute/ University
- Relevant/similar experience would be required.