Lecturer in Creative Writing

Cardiff, United Kingdom
£38,833 - £43,685 per annum
05 Jul 2018
End of advertisement period
07 Aug 2018
Contract Type
Full Time

Role Summary:

This is a key post that will contribute to the ambitions of the University's new Strategic Plan 2017/18 - 2011/23

The Cardiff School of Education and Social Policy at Cardiff Metropolitan University has an enthusiastic, committed and research/enterprise active team within the Department of Humanities. 

The major commitment will be to teach and assess undergraduate and postgraduate students in the area of Creative Writing.  Flexibility to teach across the programme is required.  Expertise in at least two of the following is required: poetry/fiction/creative non-fiction/script writing/writing for digital media.   The ability to contribute to other areas of our provision such as English Studies is desirable. Published authors with an interest in interdisciplinary research and practice are encouraged to apply as are applicants with creative industry expertise.

The successful candidate will be required to provide a high quality student experience in all aspects of the role.  This will include the design and delivery of innovative and engaging modules, commitment to the personal tutoring role and providing supervisory support.

Closing Date: 12.00 GMT on 7 August 2018

Please note that this is only one vacancy. The successful applicant will be appointed to as Lecturer.

Tier 2 Certificate of Sponsorship (formerly a Work Permit)

Applications from job seekers who require Tier 2 sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. The UK Visas and Immigration department requires employers to complete this test to show that no suitably qualified EEA or EU worker can fill the post. For further information please visit the UK Visas and Immigration website.