Associate Professor in Educational Psychology/Science Education/Assessment and Evaluation
An Associate Professor is required to make an outstanding contribution to research and/or scholarship at the University. He/She shall have the ability to contribute to the university life and will have attained recognition at a national or international level in his/her discipline. The Associate Professor shall undertake international collaboration and local research with national impact as well as guide and mentor junior department members in research.
Responsible to the Dean of the College of Humanities and Education through Associate Dean/ Head of School/ Department, or the program coordinator, the appointee will be required to teach Postgraduate courses for Educational Psychology /Science Education/Assessment and Evaluation and other areas when required at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels and carry out research and consultancy activities in the areas relevant to the needs of the region. Apart from teaching other duties include regular review of courses and programmes, upgrade of equipment and resources, development of new programmes and mentoring of junior staff and students. Activities associated with tutorials, lecturing, and exam paper preparation & marking, are to be implemented according to policies and procedures.
- PhD in the areas of Educational Psychology/Science Education/Assessment and Evaluation.
- Appointee must be well recognised in their field of Psychology Education/Science Education/Assessment and Evaluation with a national profile and most likely experience to collaborate internationally.
- He/ She must have significant research/scholarship record (some of which will be in high profile international journals, or other appropriate outlets, in his/her field).
- Demonstrated research experience which is linked to his/ her teaching with development of new papers and courses inspired by his/ her research expertise.
- Track record of success in securing research funding from external sources
- Experience chairing sessions at international conferences with invitation to give talks at academic meetings in Fiji and overseas.
- Show significant academic leadership and be involved in senior university service
- Demonstrated ability to supervise students at postgraduate level.
- Strong communication and time management skills and the ability to meet objectives within set deadlines with high level inter-personal, personnel management and leadership skills.
Base salary of $94,545.00 plus 10% superannuation
Applications must be submitted online using the University’s online job applications system which can be accessed at this address: waf.fnu.ac.fj/eoi/
Incomplete applications will not be considered, therefore your submission as a complete application must include:
- Cover letter with Job Ref. No. and Position
- Detailed CV with at least contacts of 3 referees
- Certified academic credentials & transcripts
Should you have any queries, please email on: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have not been contacted by Fiji National University, then your application has not been successful.
College/Division College of Humanities & Education
Department School of Education
Num x 1