Lecturer, Level C Psychological Science
We are seeking two clinical academic leaders to contribute to coursework teaching, skills training and research supervision within the professional psychology programs (Graduate Diploma of Professional Psychology; Master of Psychology (Clinical)).
The successful applicants will have expertise in an area of clinical psychology, preferably in the area of psychological testing, working with children and adolescents and / or applied research methodology, and be willing to help drive and implement change within the education industry.
The positions are:
- Part-time ongoing position as part of a job share with specific responsibility for the professional oversight of the ACAP Psychology Clinic in Elizabeth street, supported by a clinic administrator (ref 2018-008)
- Full-time ongoing position (ref 2018-009)
The person we are seeking will ideally have the following:
- Doctoral qualification relevant to professional psychology
- Registered as a psychologist with the Psychology Board of Australia
- Eligible for membership of the Australian Psychological Society College of Clinical Psychologists; eligible to be endorsed in Clinical Psychology
- Approved by the Psychology Board of Australia to supervise psychology students undertaking higher education courses as preparation for registration and pathways to the clinical psychology area of practice endorsement, with demonstrated teaching experience
- Substantial experience providing clinical supervision to psychologists
- Demonstrated ability to conduct research leading to publications in peer reviewed journals
- Demonstrated ability to supervise research students (Honours and postgraduate)
- Demonstrated ability to take on leadership roles in a collaborative environment
- Excellent oral and written communication, with experience using Microsoft software
- Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety policies of relevance to the work environment
Highly regarded qualifications and experience include:
- Ability to contribute to a range of areas of teaching within the Discipline of Psychological Science
- Ability to develop links with external public and private sector organizations
- Experience in leadership roles within the profession
- Experience running a psychology practice in the private, NGO or public sector
What we can do for you
- Flexible work arrangements
- Study assistance up to 100% reimbursement (subject to conditions)
- First class modern facilities
- Career progression and development pathways
- Collegial and collaborative environment with a commitment to education
- Mobility within the business and global locations
- Health & Wellbeing packages which includes free counselling for employees and family, discounted gym membership, movie tickets, discounts on travel, accommodation and insurance
- Salary packaging and novated leasing
- EAP programs available for employees and their families
Who we are
Established in 1983, the Australian College of Applied Psychology (ACAP) is a leader in applied psychology education and courses promoting individual and community wellbeing.
The college faculty promotes a collegial environment, hands-on approach and supportive culture, within a diverse student community.
We are a Higher Education Institution and Registered Training Organisation within the Careers & Industry Division of Navitas Limited, an ASX 200 listed company.
ACAP is evolving and looking at innovative ways with a forward focused approach on adapting to the ever-changing landscape of education, the marketplace and society. We aim to become a thought leader in our space with the ability to influence stakeholders in the Australian education environment.
We benefit from the support of Navitas, a large diversified global educator who are committed to improving lives through education, passion for student outcome and growth through conviction and rigour.
Teaching and students are at the heart of what drives us. We are proud of our graduates, teachers and support staff and excited about our future, and the future of delivering accessible and effective education.
Our campuses are located in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, Online and soon Perth.
Successful candidates will require full working rights in Australia and to undergo a criminal records check & working with children check.
Navitas promotes and embraces an inclusive and diversified workforce. We believe equality, flexibility and diversity in the workplace will deliver a rich and collaborative environment for our employees, students and clients. As such, we encourage applications from women, sexually and gender diverse people, culturally and linguistically diverse people, people of various faiths and beliefs and people with disabilities.
Enquiries can be directed to Professor Kathryn Nicholson Perry via email PsychSciHoS@acap.edu.au
Please quote Reference 2018-008 and / or 2018-009 including a resume and a letter addressing the selection criteria must be submitted via email to PsychSciHoS@acap.edu.au
Applications close on Monday, 23rd July 2018 at 5PM AEST.
Apply for Lecturer, Level C Psychological Science
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly