Scientia PhD Scholarship
School of Electrical Engineering and Communication (EE&T) at UNSW Sydney is one of the thriving research environment for postgraduate studies with outstanding research expertise and high-quality research facilities. According to the Shanghai Jiaotong 2016 rankings, EE&T at UNSW is placed first in Australia. A prestigious Scientia PhD Scholarship is available to support a high calibre candidate (international or domestic) to pursue her/his endeavour in developing compact devices for terahertz radiation. The scholarship provides $40,000 per annum stipend for 4 years (tuition fee covered for international candidates) and up to $10,000 per annum Support Package to support career and professional development. The candidate needs to qualify UNSW admission requirements. Please use the self assessment tool (Step 1 at https://research.unsw.edu.au/submit-application) to determine your eligibility for the postgraduate research study at UNSW.
Project title: “Towards reflection-free integrated devices for THz communication”
Please click on the project title to read about the project and submit an expression of interest.
- BE with honours, ME or MSc degree in Electrical Engineering, Optical/Photonics Engineering or Physics
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Journal publication (first author)
- THz system and devices
- Optics and Photonics
- Knowledge of using commercially available numerical software (e.g. COMSOL, CST)
How to apply:
The applications are now open. Interested applicant can submit an Expression of Interest (EoI) until 20 July 2018. Applicants are required to register and login to submit the EoI and providing the following information:
- Details of their academic qualifications
- Details of their research experience
- Details of their top 5 research outputs
- Motivation for working on the project