Lecturer in Work and Organisational Studies and Work Integrated Learning
Discipline of Work and Organisational Studies
University of Sydney Business School
- Opportunity to contribute to world class education in Work and Organisational Studies and work integrated learning and research within the University of Sydney Business School
- Academic Level B
- Full-time, continuing, remuneration package: $120K-$143K p.a. (which includes salary, leave loading and up to 17% super)
About the opportunity
The Work and Organisational Studies (WOS) Discipline within the Business School hosts leading international scholars investigating employment relations and organisational behaviour. Our research has national and international significance and policy impact and informs our teaching across undergraduate and postgraduate courses. There is a strong tradition of teaching excellence and innovation within the discipline, ensuring we expose students to cutting-edge research. A number of market-leading textbooks in our area of expertise have been written by WOS academics. We nurture critical thinking and relevant industry knowledge to prepare students for their careers. Our graduates report high levels of teaching satisfaction and many of our alumni are leading successful careers in the business, government and community sectors.
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding academic with experience in the fields of Work and Organisational Studies and work integrated learning to join our teaching and research team in a Level B position.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting scholars aligned to these values. This role is the right fit for you if you have:
- PhD in Work and Organisational Studies or related field.
- experience in teaching foundational units to undergraduate and postgraduate students in management, employment relations and organisational communication.
- publication record in Work and Organisational Studies or related field.
- ability to lead and coordinate work integrated learning units, including intensive business practicum units involving in-program placement of students in host organisations locally and internationally.
- demonstrated ability to coordinate a research project.
- demonstrated ability to win externally funded and/or competitive grants.
- demonstrated capacity to undertake team-based projects in education and research.
- capacity to engage with corporate partners in education and research.
- strong potential to supervise research students.
The University of Sydney Business School is regarded as a leader in the region, and is one of the very few Australian schools to hold business and accounting accreditation from AACSB International and EQUIS accreditation from the European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD). It is also the only Australian member school of CEMS, the leading community of global business schools and international corporate and social partners in pre-experience management education at masters level.
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion, and underpin our long-term strategy for growth. We are Australia's first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across our campuses, we employ over 6000 academic and non-academic staff who support over 60,000 students.
We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
To be considered for this position it is essential that you address the online selection criteria. For guidance on how to apply visit: How to apply for an advertised position.
Specific enquiries about the position can be directed to Fiona Tchan/Megan Werner on 02 9351 3077 or at email@example.com
For enquiries regarding the recruitment process or if you require reasonable adjustment or support in filling in the online application form please contact Mohammed Abu Naser on 02 8627 1215 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number 1311/0718C for more information and to apply.
CLOSING DATE: 15 August 2018 (11:30pm Sydney time)
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
© The University of Sydney