Graduate Research Coordinator
3 days left
- Full Time
Student Administration, University Services
About University Services
University Services comprises of 1,600 professional staff focused on providing client centric and innovative services to the University. The group is providing transformational change, defining and influencing future service enhancements within the University of Melbourne. The Graduate Research Coordinator is a member of the Graduate Research Team which sits within the Student Administration portfolio.
Salary: $88,171 - $95,444 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
About the role
The Graduate Research Coordinator plays a key role in leading a small team to deliver high quality support and expert advice for Academic Division professional and academic staff in the management of the University’s graduate research cohort.
Responsibilities are varied and could include coordinating and/or making other substantial contributions to activities such as:
- The preparation and delivery of candidature management training and documentation.
- Providing sensitive, confidential and independent support in the management of graduate research unsatisfactory progress and other complex candidature cases
- Ensuring compliance with policy, procedure and best practice
- Supporting the development and best practice of graduate research administration across the University
- Contributing to a climate of continuous improvement in the management of processes, communication and customer services
The Graduate Research Coordinator is an excellent communicator, building effective working relationships within and across teams. They also need to set priorities and meet deadlines in a dynamic environment, with an excellent attention to detail.
- You will have an undergraduate qualification with relevant discipline, or a combination of relevant experience and education/training.
- Proven ability to lead, motivate and train team members, to establish priorities and effectively manage competing deadlines for self and others
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrable understanding of the academic and personal issues facing Graduate Research students and established knowledge of academic and student administration procedures, policies and systems as they relate to graduate research candidature management.
- Proven ability to thrive in a changing and fast paced environment
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
Close date: 19 Jul 2018
Position Description & Selection Criteria
*For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria/competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/search/info/selection-criteria