Senior Advisor, Academic Capability Development
Christchurch, City Campus
Ara Institute of Canterbury is a vibrant and progressive tertiary institute providing world-class, tertiary-level education throughout the Canterbury and Waitaki region. Our talented staff, innovative business collaborators and supportive community partners are passionate about the role they play in our students' success.
The actions and outputs of the Academic Services Division are aimed at ensuring Ara can, and assuring it is, delivering quality learning, teaching, and research. This includes what and how Ara delivers. Academic Services Division provides guidance systems and processes, direct development support, capability services, quality assurance services and processes, and, academic audit oversight.
The Academic Capability Development team's function is to work collaboratively with others to meet Aras aim of unrivalled performance in the quality and responsiveness of its teaching and learning support and practice.
Ara is committed to world class programmes and delivery, developing modern learning environments and flexible modes of delivery. We focus on learning centred approaches that exploit the potential of new technologies. Ara has an Academic Capability Framework to support the professional development of our leaders and teachers.
Reporting to the Academic Capability Manager, this role will see you working in partnership with managers, leaders and academic teams to deliver core professional development activity, improvement projects, coaching and guidance, aligned to our Capability Frameworks. This will involve working collaboratively with a range of Ara teams and with People and Development.
- To work in partnership with colleagues to ensure the core function of Ara, teaching and learning, is of the highest quality through continuous improvement
- To assist in developing our people by providing contemporary practice leadership and development for learning, teaching and research
- To deliver core professional development and coaching development, tools and guidance material, both face to face and online
- To work in partnership with the People and Development team to ensure alignment to Capability Frameworks, and consistent approaches to capability building
- To work in partnership with teaching and support teams on shared goals
- To employ a full range of interventions to build capability
- To lead capability building activity that enhances the quality of teaching
You will hold a tertiary qualification in teaching and learning (preferably Masters) and have a thorough grounding in contemporary educational theory and practice.
The following will contribute significantly to your success in the role:
- Knowledge and experience in the vocational/tertiary education sector
- Application of contemporary pedagogy and capability activity in technology enhanced contexts e.g. blended and flexible learning
- A collaborative approach along with influencing and coaching skills in teams and across the organisation
- A strong relationship builder with excellent communication skills
We offer and encourage professional and skill development. Enjoy excellent employment conditions, a great central city location and access to modern on-site facilities including Gym/Recreation Centre with free staff yoga and group fitness sessions, Library, Visions on Campus Restaurant, two Childcare Centres and a Health Centre.
We only accept applications via our online application system. Emailed applications will not be considered.
For a job description and/or to apply online please visit http://www.ara.ac.nz/about-us/work-at-ara
Any questions should be directed to People and Development on 03 940 8623 or PeopleandDevelopment@ara.ac.nz
Applications close - Sunday, 29 July 2018