Senior Trial Coordinator/Clinical Trial Coordinator
- Opportunities exist to join the Centre and contribute to clinical trials research
- Excellent career development opportunities
- Full-time fixed term positions for 12 months with possible extension, base salary $82K-$90K p.a. plus superannuation
About the opportunity
The NHMRC Clinical Trials Centre at the University of Sydney conducts large multicentre investigator-initiated clinical trials, takes part in trials of national and international collaborative trial groups and contributes expertise to trials run by others.
Clinical Trial operations staff are responsible for working on or coordinating large multicentre investigator initiated clinical trials, coordinating standalone clinical trials or participates in trials that are coordinated by other national and international collaborative trial groups. Clinical trials conducted by academic research centres adopt different models for managing and conducting clinical trials, which differs from the pharmaceutical industry models and contract research organisations.
Senior Trial Coordinators apply their clinical trials expertise to co-ordinate a range of trials or co-ordinate a large single trial that requires the full spectrum of clinical trial operations, or co-ordinate specific components of a clinical trial.
Senior Trial Co-ordinators take the lead role in managing the day to day implementation and co-ordination of clinical trials, that require a higher level of clinical trial expertise to co-ordinate complex clinical trial activities, and/or undertake specific aspects of a trial as determined by the scope and protocol of the study.
Clinical Trial Coordinators undertake and implement the day to day activities of clinical trials, that require a level of clinical trial expertise to work on clinical trial activities, &/or undertake specific aspects of a trial as determined by the scope and protocol of the study.
Clinical Trial Coordinators usually work as part of a team of trials staff direction from the Associate Program Manager to ensure that the various components of a trial or study are implemented in accordance with the study protocol and CTC’s requirements. Mentoring and professionally develop staff is provided to enable a career in clinical trials, or seek to expand their current knowledge and expertise to take on higher level work.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values in the pursuit of research excellence.
We are looking for a Senior Trial Coordinator/Clinical Trial Coordinator who possesses:
- a degree in Health Science or Allied Health or similar education/training and relevant experience
- knowledge of clinical research practices, including an understanding of the contractual obligations of clinical trials
- demonstrated project planning, coordination, organisation and time management skills
- computing skills including databases, spreadsheets and word processing
- effective communication skills with diverse clients including clinicians, hospital staff and other researchers
- familiarity with clinical trial monitoring within an academic, contract research organisation or pharmaceutical environment or equivalent.
To be considered for the HEO 7 level position you will require:
- degree in health science or allied health field or similar education/training and relevant experience
- experience in supporting and developing team members in their activities and professional development
- previous experience in clinical trial monitoring activities within an academic, contract research organisation or pharmaceutical environment or equivalent
- high level project management and coordination skills
- detailed knowledge of clinical research practices, including an understanding of the contractual obligations of clinical trials.
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion, and underpin our long-term strategy for growth. We’re Australia's first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across our campuses, we employ over 7600 academic and non-academic staff who support over 60,000 students.
We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
How to apply
For more information on the position and University, please view the candidate information pack available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number 1197/0618F to apply.
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
Closing date: 11.30pm 22 July 2018
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.