Industry 4.0 Project Engineer, KTP Associate
Departments of the Built Environment and Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Faculty of Engineering and Technology, Liverpool John Moores University in partnership with Beverston Engineering Ltd.
Industry 4.0 Project Engineer (KTP Associate)
36 month fixed term post based at the Beverston Engineering premises in Knowsley but employed by Liverpool John Moores University.
£30,000 Plus a £6,000 personal training budget to help your career, as well as management and leadership training provided as part of the KTP.
Beverston Engineering is a world class precision component manufacturer, specialising in the prototyping and manufacture of state of the art engineering components for a wide range of industries. These include aerospace, oil & gas and pharmaceutical industries where safety and accuracy is a critical requirement within component manufacture
Beverston Engineering and Liverpool John Moores University have collaborated to run a Knowledge Transfer Partnerships project with the aim to leverage emerging 4th Industry Revolution (4IR) technologies in order to develop a smart production management system with the potential to revolutionise Beverston’s output and revenue growth.
We are looking to appoint a recent graduate to run this project. You should have:
- MSc/PhD degree in Computer Science/Networking, Telecommunications or Electrical/Electronic Engineering.
- Good programming skills in any one of the following (Java, Python, C++, C#, C). Experience of programing microcontrollers (e.g. Arduino, raspberry pi, etc.).
- Experience of managing & implementing communication networks
- Experience of using SPI, UART, I2C and other synchronous asynchronous protocols would be beneficial.
- Knowledge and practical experience in the design, development, implementation and verification of hardware products. This includes experience from conception to delivery stage. Implementation in IoT sector would be an additional benefit.
- Good numerical, communication and report writing skills, and able to assimilate and present data with accuracy and attention to detail.
More information about KTPs can be found here - knowledge-transfer-partnerships
Please note all of our vacancies will be closed to applications at midnight on the advertised closing date, unless otherwise stated.