- Full Time
Applications are invited from enthusiastic and talented individuals for a Software Developer position as part of an interdisciplinary research project. The position is available as soon as possible through an EPSRC funded project in the area of automatic face recognition – FACER2VM. The work will be undertaken at the University of Surrey (UK) under the supervision of Professor Josef Kittler.
FACER2VM is a multidisciplinary collaborative research project funded by EPSRC. This project, led by the University of Surrey, involves Imperial College London and the University of Stirling, and is supported by the Home Office Centre for Applied Science and Technology, IBM, Digital Barriers, Cognitec, 3rdForensic, and the European Association for Biometrics. The aim of the project is to develop solutions for unconstrained face recognition in which the engineering research is informed by the psychology of human face matching. In particular, FACER2VM focuses on image degradations caused by lighting, resolution, occlusion and noise, as well as coping with natural modes of variations such as head pose and expression. The project offers an opportunity for successful candidates to work in an inspiring environment at the University's Centre for Vision, Speech and Signal Processing, one of the UK's premier research centres in image processing.
As part of this project, we offer a Senior Software Developer position for a period of 2 years. In particular, your task will be to develop demonstrators of the technologies developed by the research team. The focus will be on the development of applications of the Surrey 3D face model and its fitting to video, 2D face matching, as well as biometric security systems for face spoofing detection.
We are looking for a software developer with proven experience, good software development skills and knowledge in developing integrated software system solutions. The ideal applicant has
- Significant experience in software development and experience demonstrating progression within the field.
- Significant recent experience in software engineering and system integration.
- Significant development in object oriented Software languages such as C++, C# or Java
- Experience with Linux operating systems (e.g., Ubuntu)
- Have experience with version control (Git, Github, etc), automated testing and continuous integration
- Experience with/willingness to learn mobile programming (Android/iOS)
- Experience with/willingness to learn OpenCL, OpenGL (ES) 3D content manipulation for mobile
- Experience with/willingness to learn GPU programming and GPU programming environments.
- Experience with/willingness to learn image processing, computer vision.
The candidates should be motivated and enthusiastic to work in a team environment and should have excellent communication skills.
Information and application
For informal enquiries please contact Professor Josef Kittler (J.Kittler@surrey.ac.uk), tel. +44 (0)1483 689294. If you are unable to apply on-line, please contact Mr Bradley Thomas (email@example.com), tel: +44 (0) 1483 686126.
Closing date for applications is 18 July 2018.
For more information and to apply online, please download the further details and click on the 'apply online' button above.
We acknowledge, understand and embrace diversity.